E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 335d oil filter change

07-10-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
330d xdrive Scotty
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 330d xdrive m sport

335d oil filter change

Guys, i went to my local BMW dealer today and got an engine oil filter as i like to do yearly oil & filter changes.

when i got home and opened the filter there was one 'O' ring and one sump washer but not the other two 'O' rings on the filter housing (items 5 & 6 on the picture)

Has anyone else changed these O rings when DIY or does anyone know if BMW even change them at oil & filter service. Im too late now to get them today so will have to make another trip on Monday to buy them and fit them.

Seems strange giving you half the material to do the job properly

any thoughts ?

cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that you only get the o-ring you need to change.

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't need to change the smaller rings.

To be honest unless they are deformed or showing signs of perishing or cracking, not really sure why you really need to renew any of them - perhaps it is included just in case it is damaged during a filter change (easily done).
Appreciate 0