E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Newbie Assist

08-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
E90 QLD
Paid Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: hopefully e90

Newbie Assist

So,

I have been lurching around and leeching on this forum for a few quite some time now and feel its time to post... even though I have no e90, but I soon will !

I am at preliminary research stage and reading all the dealership dramas people have makes me a little nervous. Plus, this will be my first EVER BMW, so I thought I'll ask the experts:

What dealership/sales person did you find most helpful/competitive. Any research findings on dealerships will be appreciated. I live closest to Motorline (Brisbane) but happy to go anywhere...even interstate ! Happy to tell you who in sales I am dealing with (PM me).

How much were you able to negotiate. Lets say if a 320d is marked as 80k drive away, what is a realistic drive away price ? Will give me an idea of what a good deal might be.

Are there any changes anyone is aware of in the 2011 e90 ? With the new F30 due 2011-12-13 (who knows), would the price of my e90 suffer ?

I am planning to get a new AW 320d Sport and Innovation package, but then again the colour choice swings between Alpine white, Black sapphire, Bluewater and Space grey on a daily basis.... I havent even test driven a 320d yet. I test drove a 323i and it seemed to lack low rpm power... after driving a Ford Falcon anyway. I am hoping the 320d will be better. I can think of 23 other questions... but I'll leave it at this for now.

Thanks !

RQK
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

323i is slower than a Falcon and will feel even slower again due to the fact that it needs revs to fly. But find a run-in example and drive it with verve (in Sport mode, or better still manual mode) and the sound and smoothness is truly lovely. Modulating power along a challenging road is more satisfying in the 6 cylinders too as the delivery is more linear and you have more revs to play with.

By comparison the diesel is certainly a little less refined (although nicer than Audi and Merc units) and you do notice a certain feint humming vibration under certain loads (long freeway hills etc) but for easy torquey Falcon-rivalling urge it is terrific. All over by 4000rpm, and it seems to be as fast (or faster) if left in auto rather than held to redline. Sometimes the lag off line or accelerating from low speeds away from traffic is a little annoying and the great wad of torque all of a sudden means you need to concentrate a little more out of tight corners and roundabouts. Bags of fun though.

Our 8.1 l/100km average fuel figure over the first 6000km is very impressive. The 325i in similar usage is getting 12.5-13....
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Oh, and happy to pm vague details on what we paid but you don't seem to have pm's allowed
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #4
TimE90
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 R56 R6

personally I will go to Bruce Lynton if u in Gold Coast/South side Brisbane area.

I had very very very bad experience with motorline few years ago and I will never go back to them.

hope you get your new car soon ^^
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
E90 QLD
Paid Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydad View Post
Oh, and happy to pm vague details on what we paid but you don't seem to have pm's allowed
Thanks for the info mate. I didnt even know that ! But I have managed to put my email address in the user cp section... I have never posted on any threads/forums/anything before. I'll get there slowly.

Can you possibly email me the stuff as I am not sure when I will be privileged enough to do pm's. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
E90 QLD
Paid Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimE90 View Post
personally I will go to Bruce Lynton if u in Gold Coast/South side Brisbane area.

I had very very very bad experience with motorline few years ago and I will never go back to them.

hope you get your new car soon ^^
Thanks Tim. Oh oh... another bad motorline experience. Any details ? Did it all get sorted in the end ?
Appreciate 0