E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Service and CDV removal

08-21-2010, 04:18 AM   #1
Giff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Service and CDV removal

I spent Thursday afternoon giving the 320d a good seeing to. I found the car pretty easy to work on, the front jacking point was easy to get to and the side jacking points held my axle stands very firmly.
I gave the engine a proper flush and let it drain while I changed the fuel filter. Seeing as the cover was off I thought I'd whip out the CDV, pretty easy job and after driving it for a couple of days I'm very pleased with the result. With the CDV the clutch always felt somewhat disconnected, the delay was annoying but now the car feels more involving and much easier to control on tight manouvers. The gearchange is much faster too making overtaking and faster driving more fun.
I actually ended upchanging the brake fluid too after I had bled the clutch.
Anyway, if youre under the car I'd certainly recommend removing the CDV, for such an easy job the benefits are very worthwhile.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
makammo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 330e

Interested in the CDV hype.

Did you just remove it? Or replace it with a hollowed one?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 01:38 AM   #3
Giff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Removed it, there is plenty of slack on the flexi hose.
I used a brake pipe clamp, unclipped the both sides of the CDV and slotted the clutch pipe straight in to the housing. Quick bleed and job done.
Appreciate 0