E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Add A2DP Stereo Bluetooth to E90 via AUX Port?

08-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
hems77
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 520i M Sport

Add A2DP Stereo Bluetooth to E90 via AUX Port?

Hi

Just been reading this post over on the US side - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176063

Sounds very interesting and a neat way of streaming music from your phone to the car stereo via bluetooth.

Does anyone here have this setup or tried? I have an 07 plate 320d M Sport with bluetooth handsfree. I have an iPhone 4 which is paired up and works fine for calls. For music from my iPhone I use a normal AUX cable.

But this sounds so much better and neater. In theory, just pair up and leave under armrest. When playing music with it and a call comes in (or making a call) the music fades and the car takes the call. When the call is finished, the car hangs up and the bluetooth A2DP thingy plays the music again.

Any ideas??? If so what A2DP thingy do you use?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
muffking
Regular user
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M-Sport Auto

Garage List
The BT module looks easy to hide but then you run the possible problem of geting your iPhone to work on 2 BlueTooth devices at the same time.

I plan to buy one of these

and one of these

The idea being that you can use the iPod lead to charge the iPod and feed the Aux audio through the same cable. That just leaves you with use Blueooth forphone calls.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
muppetman
Rep
Drives: 325i M Sport Saloon

Yeah, I saw that post and bought one of the Kensington LiquidAux adaptors off eBay for about £15.

I have factory bluetooth so was interested to see how it would work - on my HTC Desire it was easy - in the blueetooth settings you can choose to route the audio to the LiquidAux and the phone to the car - all works flawless when a call comes in - pauses music and resumes on phone call end.

Sound quality is insitinguishable from using a cable into the aux port - the only bummer for me was that I didn't have a cigarette lighter socket in my centre console for some reason (there's just one in the ashtray) so need to rig up a new socket in the console.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 03:47 AM   #4
muffking
Regular user
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M-Sport Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman View Post
Yeah, I saw that post and bought one of the Kensington LiquidAux adaptors off eBay for about £15.

I have factory bluetooth so was interested to see how it would work - on my HTC Desire it was easy - in the blueetooth settings you can choose to route the audio to the LiquidAux and the phone to the car - all works flawless when a call comes in - pauses music and resumes on phone call end.

Sound quality is insitinguishable from using a cable into the aux port - the only bummer for me was that I didn't have a cigarette lighter socket in my centre console for some reason (there's just one in the ashtray) so need to rig up a new socket in the console.

That's an ace kit Where do mount the remote?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 05:44 AM   #5
JJD
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I use a Jabra BT3030 costs £30 or so and I can take it with me when out cycling etc.
Appreciate 0