E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > updating software with procede installed?

09-05-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
gian335
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335

updating software with procede installed?

my fuel pump is going and i gotta get it replaced soon and chances are they will update my software, cause im still pre-29.2. Will there be any issues if they update my software with my v4 installed? would they be able to read codes if the procede is installed aswell? Im running the latest maps and firmware.

im fully moded and my warranty is up, so I dont have to worry about taking anything off, just wondering if updating my software would be fine with procede in there.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 02:46 AM   #2
k726
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Think you have to turn CAN-clear off and put it into Valet. (Map0)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 03:35 AM   #3
Drakos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G42 M240i

I just upgraded the software on my car with JB3 enabled to map 0. It went flawlessly. It would be the same with Procede I'm sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gian335 View Post
my fuel pump is going and i gotta get it replaced soon and chances are they will update my software, cause im still pre-29.2. Will there be any issues if they update my software with my v4 installed? would they be able to read codes if the procede is installed aswell? Im running the latest maps and firmware.

im fully moded and my warranty is up, so I dont have to worry about taking anything off, just wondering if updating my software would be fine with procede in there.
Yep.. no problem with updating software with the Procede in. With the engine not running, there is no Procede CAN activity so there will be no interference with the BMW programming tool.

The only time you need to run in valet with CANclear off is when you are hooked up to a diagnostic tool while the engine is running.

-shiv
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
gian335
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Thnx shiv
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Yep.. no problem with updating software with the Procede in. With the engine not running, there is no Procede CAN activity so there will be no interference with the BMW programming tool.

The only time you need to run in valet with CANclear off is when you are hooked up to a diagnostic tool while the engine is running.

-shiv
Sorry to bring up an old thread, I'm going into service tomorrow and more than likely will end up with a new HPFP and software update.

Is CANclear automatically turned off when you are in valet mode? Is there anything I need to disable to make sure the software update will take? I assume the car will be completely off when they are doing a software update.

If I didn't have catless downpipes, this is all a non-issue... but I really don't feel like wiring in the BMS DP fix in this weather. Taking the tune out isn't a big deal, but not necessary for my dealer... just need to make sure the software wil take.
      02-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Sorry to bring up an old thread, I'm going into service tomorrow and more than likely will end up with a new HPFP and software update.

Is CANclear automatically turned off when you are in valet mode? Is there anything I need to disable to make sure the software update will take? I assume the car will be completely off when they are doing a software update.

If I didn't have catless downpipes, this is all a non-issue... but I really don't feel like wiring in the BMS DP fix in this weather. Taking the tune out isn't a big deal, but not necessary for my dealer... just need to make sure the software wil take.
If you don't mind me asking, which dealer to do you take to? Can you PM me please?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0