E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Flimsy DME power connector

09-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
caradd
(*) (*)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i 6mt

Flimsy DME power connector

I just took out my procede v4 to taking the car in to dealer and the power connector looks like it ready to break.

Anyone else notice how flimsy it seems to be?

When it is inserted to the stock green connection it is better protected from bending but the procede connection is not.

Now I'm worried about re-installing the procede for fear of it breaking
      09-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by caradd View Post
I just took out my procede v4 to taking the car in to dealer and the power connector looks like it ready to break.

Anyone else notice how flimsy it seems to be?

When it is inserted to the stock green connection it is better protected from bending but the procede connection is not.

Now I'm worried about re-installing the procede for fear of it breaking
The way the Procede power wire is designed is that when installed properly, it holds the male/female connection vertical with no bending load. Usually, people bend the male connector by trying to push it in the procede's female connector too hard. It doesn't need to be pushed in all the way. And if it's too tight, you can simply enlarge the female terminal with a tool (screwdriver) to make it loser.

If the male connector does break, we have extras here that we can send you. All you need to do is crimp it on yourself. Very easy.

shiv
Appreciate 0