E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Evolve Vs. Bluefin

11-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
farso
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Evolve Vs. Bluefin

Hi Everyone!

I'm new here, just put my deposit down for a 320d and madly excited! I have done a quick search and couldn't find anything that answered my question specifically, although there is a lot of stuff already relating to this.

My question is... Does anyone have experience with both the bluefin and the evolve handheld switches? Both of the products seem to produce very similar curves, but the bluefin is only £445 compared to the evolve at £535.

I have looked at the places where you can just go and have a one shot remap and I am still considering this, but I'd prefer the option to take it off if I ever need to.

Something you may also find interesting too: My cheapest insurance quote with a remap though a broker is nearly £200 less than anywhere mainstream with the unmodified car... anyone else found this?

Cheers for your help guys, been reading all your posts for a while and all made me go for an E90 320d!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by farso View Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here, just put my deposit down for a 320d and madly excited! I have done a quick search and couldn't find anything that answered my question specifically, although there is a lot of stuff already relating to this.

My question is... Does anyone have experience with both the bluefin and the evolve handheld switches? Both of the products seem to produce very similar curves, but the bluefin is only £445 compared to the evolve at £535.

I have looked at the places where you can just go and have a one shot remap and I am still considering this, but I'd prefer the option to take it off if I ever need to.

Something you may also find interesting too: My cheapest insurance quote with a remap though a broker is nearly £200 less than anywhere mainstream with the unmodified car... anyone else found this?

Cheers for your help guys, been reading all your posts for a while and all made me go for an E90 320d!
I think their both overpriced - You can get a straight re-map done for circa £250 nowadays and there's no difference in the quality of the maps, despite what people say. But if you're after a switchable map then they are probably the best on the market at the moment. Actually, they might be the only one's on the market at the moment. Try 'Shark Performance' he's on the Tyresmoke community.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
Jaws_78
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 320D M Sport

Congrats on the purchase, I have had mine about 10 days now and am enjoying the quality!

Quick question, sorry to hijack, anybody know what sort of consequences there are on the clutch with the remaps? I have the auto box in mine, would it be able to cope with the extra torque, also how does it work switching to sport mode etc..

All help appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
jimmylimmy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 'charged VXR8

I have the Evolve switch. Yes, its more expensive than a plain remap, but being able to take it off before it goes in for any work, then remap it again when it comes back is worth it IMO.
Appreciate 0