E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > pay for my dinan reflash!?!?!

12-30-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
poloace
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi coupe

pay for my dinan reflash!?!?!

WTF!?

quickly- my car is in for service. they are doing the winter 2010 335 flash. i was under the impression that once i paid for my dinan upgrade, whenever it needed to be reflashed, that it would be done free of charge. in talking to the bmw dealer that will be doing the dinan reflash, they are saying that i have to pay the technician fee of 100 bucks. seriously? i thought it was all included. of note, the place that will reflash is different than the place doing my service (reflash at holtz bmw rochester- service at burdick bmw in syracuse).

please advise, and happy new year.

p
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
Penn999
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloace View Post
WTF!?

quickly- my car is in for service. they are doing the winter 2010 335 flash. i was under the impression that once i paid for my dinan upgrade, whenever it needed to be reflashed, that it would be done free of charge. in talking to the bmw dealer that will be doing the dinan reflash, they are saying that i have to pay the technician fee of 100 bucks. seriously? i thought it was all included. of note, the place that will reflash is different than the place doing my service (reflash at holtz bmw rochester- service at burdick bmw in syracuse).

p

Look here, http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=469716&page=2
07' MT, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance LED Steering Wheel, HPF FMIC, AA BOV, HPF Exhaust, DCI, Procede V5, AR Stage 1 oil cooler, AR OCC, AR CL DP's, Vishnu Meth Kit, UUC SSK+DSSR, UUC Shift knob, (19 inch)VMR V715's/Yokohama Advan AD08's, Hartge Pedals and Floor Mats. Awaiting Install: M3 Rear Subframe Bushings, Full M3 suspension bits, AST 4100's, DSS axles. Future plans: Vishnu Single turbo kit
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
Dinan = Waste of $$...IMO....and they arent affiliated with BMW anymore...better tunes for the buck and power increases OP
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
Penn999
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara View Post
Dinan = Waste of $$...IMO....and they arent affiliated with BMW anymore...better tunes for the buck and power increases OP
They are still affiliated, dont be dumb. It is a good option for those who want to be under BMW's safety net.
07' MT, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance LED Steering Wheel, HPF FMIC, AA BOV, HPF Exhaust, DCI, Procede V5, AR Stage 1 oil cooler, AR OCC, AR CL DP's, Vishnu Meth Kit, UUC SSK+DSSR, UUC Shift knob, (19 inch)VMR V715's/Yokohama Advan AD08's, Hartge Pedals and Floor Mats. Awaiting Install: M3 Rear Subframe Bushings, Full M3 suspension bits, AST 4100's, DSS axles. Future plans: Vishnu Single turbo kit
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
Forcefed3
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [1.00]
Just buy a PROcede or JB4.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 04:09 PM   #6
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloace View Post
WTF!?

p
The software from Dinan is free for a needed reflash after the initial purchase.

My indy Dinan garage will not charge for the reflash if you lose it do to a BMW service that requires software updates(which you have no control over). They will charge me labor & software cost if I want to remove Dinan and go back to the original BMW software, but who in their right mind would do that!

As for other dealerships, don't know. My guess is dealerships that share walls with Dinan shops might have a different policy. Best to call Dinan and ask, they might pick up the cost...but you already know that didn't you!

Last edited by shortseller; 12-30-2010 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 0