E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Small Business & Automotive Auctions

12-30-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
FuzzyLogic
Registered
Rep
Drives: SV650S

Small Business & Automotive Auctions

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with automotive auctions companies such as Manheim and AuctionAccess.

I've briefly searched the topic, but can't find any specifics on the sign up procedures, fees, etc. I realise you need to be a licensed used car dealer in Ontario, but it's more the process of gaining access to the auctions I'm interested in. I've seen that to access Manheim's auctions you need to be a member of AuctionAccess, but there is no detailed information on the fee's/procedure related to joining AuctionAccess.

I was just wondering if there is anyone with first hand knowledge of this process and if they could outline the steps (very briefly) required as well as the fee's along the way.

The reason I ask is that I'm considering starting a small business purchasing cars off auction for friends and family, and seeing where it goes. Also, since I've just finished University and have zero experience in the automotive world; is the marketplace already saturated with these types of businesses?

Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0