E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > puddle of oil, splatter everywhere!

02-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Sal G@Camber-Toe
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6mt

puddle of oil, splatter everywhere!

Had the pleasure of waking up to my car in a puddle of oil. Didnt even notice this morning, woke up early to start it. Came back to drive off to work and got critical low oil messege. Went to add a quart and saw that the right underside of my hood was covered in oil, the entire right side of the engine bay (dci side) was soaked in oil, and there was oil dripping down the right side of my front bumper along with the puddle running down my driveway. Before I noticed all of this, the car had been in the driveway for about 10 min. Anyone ever see this? Could it be a hose? broken seal? Not even sure what to do at this point. Might have to get it towed to the shop
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
Imperator
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Post some pictures of the engine bay. Check the oil cooler lines from the distribution block at the oil filter-- these run along the radiator support on the passenger side of the car and follow down behind the wheel well to the oil cooler. You might have a punctured line.
Appreciate 0