E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Another HPFP failure buyback?

03-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
PM818
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

Another HPFP failure buyback?

I know there are tons of threads regarding this matter, but i'm curious to know if my situation will qualify as a lemon. I have a 2010 535i and I had my high pressure fuel pump replaced for the third time today, my car has 10,500 miles and I've had it for 15 months. I had it replaced the first two times under failure, and I took it in today because I had long cranks when starting... and my car went into limp mode. They replaced it the third time under the recall, does my car qualify for a buy back?
      03-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

As mentioned before, check your state laws. FL requires you to give manufacturer written notice of a final opportunity to fix after 3 times or if in for service for same problem for 15 cumulative days; and requires the initial defect to have occurred within first 24 months.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0