E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > questioning jb3/4 users

03-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
plague
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sold :( / jb 20th AE

questioning jb3/4 users

i am NOT attempting to create a tune war thread. the mods can delete if it becomes just that... anyway. i just ordered the jb4 and would like to hear from members who have done extensive driving (decent mileage or heavy use) with their juicebox tunes. i am questioning if you have had any issues from the juicebox tune in correlation to its lack of ignition retard and its ability to only read software advance.. i am wondering if my decision is wise after, considering the price of tunes NOT being an issue for a proper tune in my eyes. .. thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
Forcefed3
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [1.00]
I have it and I have never had any type of problem. After all these recent threads I thought about switching over to a different tune, but I have realized it is perfectly safe. You will like it.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
rgpwr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08.M6

I have 13000 miles on mine and have not had a problem (at least that can be seen/felt).
      03-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
e92bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreeE90 View Post
I have it and I have never had any type of problem. After all these recent threads I thought about switching over to a different tune, but I have realized it is perfectly safe. You will like it.
No more cobb is the best and jb3 was a mistake??? lol
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
plague
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemw View Post
No more cobb is the best and jb3 was a mistake??? lol
we arent talking about cobb! lol cobb isnt even a candidate for me as my car is an 07'...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by plague View Post
i am NOT attempting to create a tune war thread. the mods can delete if it becomes just that... anyway. i just ordered the jb4 and would like to hear from members who have done extensive driving (decent mileage or heavy use) with their juicebox tunes. i am questioning if you have had any issues from the juicebox tune in correlation to its lack of ignition retard and its ability to only read software advance.. i am wondering if my decision is wise after, considering the price of tunes NOT being an issue for a proper tune in my eyes. .. thanks
If price wasn't an issue, what made you decide on purchasing it?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
e92bmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
we arent talking about cobb! lol cobb isnt even a candidate for me as my car is an 07'...
I replied to gbree haha because 3 weeks ago he was telling everyone: I made a mistake with the jb3, we live and learn by our mistakes now Im getting a cobb. Lol I wonder what changed his mind, but anyways jb4 is good, but its lacking timimg control, just post up some logs from time to time and people will tell you if your knocking or not.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
e92bmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
+1 Well he has expensive taste you see, he might save a little now but down the road hes going to face some expensive repairs
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #9
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

Quote:
+1 Well he has expensive taste you see, he might save a little now but down the road hes going to face some expensive repairs
To be fair, the likelihood of blowing his engine or having other expensive repairs is extremely slim. It's not about that.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #10
antonio335
Private First Class
Rep

The JB4 is the best option among all the competitors and the price is almost half of the others, Mike also offers an excellent service and answer all your questions in seconds. You'll always find two or three stupid to damage the reputation of the tuner.
      03-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #11
plague
Captain
Rep

Quote:
perfect question. this was my thought process through deciding... i was set on jb4/procede v5/giac/cobb. first off, cobb isnt available for 07' yet so scratch them. i had a giac flash on a previous vehicle and it was great but i like the idea of a piggyback.. install yourself, dont have to worry about possibility of dealer clearing your flash, then you have to return to where it was installed (which would be AWE in willow grove PA for me... an annoying drive honestly).. so v5 or jb4 dare i say remaining. i have concluding in my research that at this point both BMS and vishnu are making the same power, and both are smooth, burger has caught up now in the features etc etc. the timing is the only thing that i had to debate.. this had me leaning towards procede...well, a friend of a friend came by with his jb4 tune, he loves it, has no issues etc, and the steering wheels functionality is definitely nice IMO. you dont see anyone complaining about the jb4.. at all really.. and the power is certainly there. but will problems be more prone in the long run to do the way the jb4 works timing as opposed to the procede? i went home that day and just ordered it after taking a spin in buddies car... but im really unsure.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #12
e92bmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio335 View Post
The JB4 is the best option among all the competitors
Ummm ya not really
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #13
e92bmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
perfect question. this was my thought process through deciding... i was set on jb4/procede v5/giac/cobb. first off, cobb isnt available for 07' yet so scratch them. i had a giac flash on a previous vehicle and it was great but i like the idea of a piggyback.. install yourself, dont have to worry about possibility of dealer clearing your flash, then you have to return to where it was installed (which would be AWE in willow grove PA for me... an annoying drive honestly).. so v5 or jb4 dare i say remaining. i have concluding in my research that at this point both BMS and vishnu are making the same power, and both are smooth, burger has caught up now in the features etc etc. the timing is the only thing that i had to debate.. this had me leaning towards procede...well, a friend of a friend came by with his jb4 tune, he loves it, has no issues etc, and the steering wheels functionality is definitely nice IMO. you dont see anyone complaining about the jb4.. at all really.. and the power is certainly there. but will problems be more prone in the long run to do the way the jb4 works timing as opposed to the procede? i went home that day and just ordered it after taking a spin in buddies car... but im really unsure.
Well the only advantage jb has over procede is price, procede has more features and timing control so if you have the money then whats the problem?? You have nothing to loose only things to gain...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #14
plague
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I replied to gbree haha because 3 weeks ago he was telling everyone: I made a mistake with the jb3, we live and learn by our mistakes now Im getting a cobb. Lol I wonder what changed his mind, but anyways jb4 is good, but its lacking timimg control, just post up some logs from time to time and people will tell you if your knocking or not.
oh i know i know, i was just playing bro... hmm.. and his 'mistake' was getting the jb3? bc offffff? was he knocking bad?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You'll be fine issue-wise.

It's the driveability and smoothness that is still lacking. They are far from equal in many ways. Any tune can look good for a single gear dyno. Also, peak numbers are moot.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #16
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
If you are worried about the whole timing/CPS offsetting issue the JB4 will have that very shortly and it will be a super simple addon.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497660

Mike
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #17
plague
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You'll be fine issue-wise.

It's the driveability and smoothness that is still lacking. They are far from equal in many ways. Any tune can look good for a single gear dyno. Also, peak numbers are moot.
my buddy who brought his jb4 tuned car by said the smoothness was heaps and bounds better than the jb+ which is well known. is driveability and smoothness still superior in the v5 tune? have you drive each possibly? i really appreciate the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #18
e92bmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
If you are worried about the whole timing/CPS offsetting issue the JB4 will have that very shortly and it will be a super simple addon.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497660

Mike
+1 Once the jb4 has that than I will recommend it to everyone.
However didnt bms say it was useless??
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #19
e92bmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
my buddy who brought his jb4 tuned car by said the smoothness was heaps and bounds better than the jb+ which is well known. is driveability and smoothness still superior in the v5 tune? have you drive each possibly? i really appreciate the feedback.
procede is known for being the smoothest, some say its even smoother than stock!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #20
e92bmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
oh i know i know, i was just playing bro... hmm.. and his 'mistake' was getting the jb3? bc offffff? was he knocking bad?
No because 3 weeks ago he was telling everyone he was getting the cobb, and said that getting the jb3 was a mistake since it was an inferior tune but apparently he decided to stay with it.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #21
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yes I have driven both...had both in my car. Of course there was a huge difference between the JB3, but Still significantly behind in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #22
antonio335
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ummm ya not really
Bueno si tu lo dices.