E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Help with clearbra

04-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Help with clearbra

I have ventureshield in half my hood, bumpers, mirrors etc along with the rockers and the top of the rear bumper.

A while back I was driving on the interstate when the item that looked like a black foam ball about twice the size of a golf ball went skipping across the road, bounced off the ventureshield right next to the roundel and then hit the windshield molding before whacking the car in the next lane.

The mark came right off the windshield molding but there is a black mark (like a shoe mark on a linoleum floor) on the ventureshield.

I havent tried to remove it yet other than the weekly car wash.

What can I use to remove it?

I also have a scrape on the ventureshield on the top of the rear bumper (the plastic did its job and saved the bumper) where a suitcase or something must have marked it. How does one polish ventureshield to make the mark less noticeable? It isn't bad but it is there.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #2
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Premier Protective Films - PF1 TT a deep cleaning surfactant based product. It is designed to remove oils and environmental contaminants, which are the primary cause of yellowing. It is sprayed on and rinsed off, rather than sprayed on and wiped off.

To clean stains use a citrus based cleaner (P12S Total Auto Wash) polish the paint and the clear plastics separately, tape the edges with masking tape
Appreciate 0