E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede V5 Code reading?

05-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
makarov88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N55 335i M-Sport

Procede V5 Code reading?

Hey guys, been getting lots of limp modes lately with the new V5 and I'm trying to read the codes but I can't seem to do so. I have the labtop hooked up to the USB, key in the ignition and procede connected, but I can't seem to figure out how to actually read the codes in the software. I've browsed the forums and looked at the Vishnu forums but still can't figure it out, any help would be appreciated thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

add CAN DME Codes in your datalogging parameter. With Procede online with your laptop and ignition on, (engine off) press the gas pedal once. You'll see a check engine light and the codes will display under the CAN DME Codes parameter. Press gas pedal 3 more times to clear those codes.
      05-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by makarov88 View Post
Hey guys, been getting lots of limp modes lately with the new V5 and I'm trying to read the codes but I can't seem to do so. I have the labtop hooked up to the USB, key in the ignition and procede connected, but I can't seem to figure out how to actually read the codes in the software. I've browsed the forums and looked at the Vishnu forums but still can't figure it out, any help would be appreciated thanks in advance!
You can do it through the command center. In your user software, you will see the Command Center reference chart. When you go to Mode 3 and select command 1, the list of codes will flash in your CAN DME Codes reading. Just make note of them and email them to sales@vishnu and one of us will help you troubleshoot.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
add CAN DME Codes in your datalogging parameter. With Procede online with your laptop and ignition on, (engine off) press the gas pedal once. You'll see a check engine light and the codes will display under the CAN DME Codes parameter. Press gas pedal 3 more times to clear those codes.
This feature is an N54 only feature. The OP has a n55. Codes will need to be read/cleared through the Command Center.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
makarov88
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
You can do it through the command center. In your user software, you will see the Command Center reference chart. When you go to Mode 3 and select command 1, the list of codes will flash in your CAN DME Codes reading. Just make note of them and email them to sales@vishnu and one of us will help you troubleshoot.
I did this but I'm still not seeing where the codes are supposed to pop up, is it within the user software.. sorry first time using this ><
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:26 AM   #6
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by makarov88 View Post
I did this but I'm still not seeing where the codes are supposed to pop up, is it within the user software.. sorry first time using this ><
If you have connection between your laptop and Procede, you should see a "CAN DME Codes" channel listed on the top right window of the software. This should flash some numbers after you require a code read. Once you clear them (command 2) and read them again (command 1), it will show 0.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #7
makarov88
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
If you have connection between your laptop and Procede, you should see a "CAN DME Codes" channel listed on the top right window of the software. This should flash some numbers after you require a code read. Once you clear them (command 2) and read them again (command 1), it will show 0.
Well Shiv I appreciate the prompt responses really do, I did just that and figured it out... however somehow they cleared and its showing 0... going to do an adaptation reset and do some hard pulls and if anything comes up I'l shoot you guys an email. Thanks again *Cough* N55 Pwm meth kit plz *Cough*
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 06:06 AM   #8
**335i**
Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: TOYOTA & 2008 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
quick question if there is some codes are they automatically appear in a chart in a top right or i need to press gas pedal to see if i have some codes or not? because when i connect my v5 to laptop i dont see any dme codes in a chart it sais 0 http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1304493639

p.s tryed with gas pedal and nothing happens no icons no codes nothing
E92 335i Black Saphire 6MT PROcede V5, BMS DCI, Big Tom IC, AR CL-DP's 3", AR Design OC, Forge DV's, OEM M3 side skirts, BMW Performance Wheels 19 inch 269 Black Gloss+Continental ContiSportContact 5P (400hp and 550nm) https://www.youtube.com/user/aistis7..._as=subscriber

Last edited by **335i**; 05-07-2011 at 06:58 AM..
Appreciate 0