E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > small issue /w procede, updating the stock ECU?

05-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
werke-t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

small issue /w procede, updating the stock ECU?

Hello so the main question here is can you upgrade the stock ECU with out uninstalling the procede?

2nd question is can ONLY a dealer do these updates?

The main reason I ask is because my procede v4 with latest firmware and automatic trans maps is having some hesitant shifts when its warming up. Im dealing with the same exact issue some other members were dealing with in the thread below...

Did some research and this is what I found in this thread which led me to believe that I need to update my ECU:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t+procede+maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
This is something different than what the OP is experiencing. The only similarities is that both cause some roughness when the engine is cold. In the case of the OP, it is actually an air/fuel ratio issue caused (presumably) by a leak in the exhaust just after dp installation.

In your case, it is an adaption issue with the automatic transmission computer (TCU). Which is why it went away when you reset transmission adaptions. And which is why the problem persisted even with the stock tune/valet. Do you know what dme software you are running? Because there are old software versions that have been known to cause shifting roughness during warm-up conditions.

The important thing is that all these issue must go away when the car is warm. Or else something else is wrong.

Shiv
Not a huge issue, but something I want to look into, I have a very early build 11/06 to be exact, and not sure what software updates the car has already done at the dealer.

Thanks, Travis
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
Calvin@Vishnu
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

The software update, unfortunately, can only be done by the dealer. And if you haven't had your DME updated recently, it's definitely worth doing. Especially if you have a 6AT. You don't have to remove your Procede though since you are presumably out of warranty. It wont interfere with the DME update process since all the CANbus functionality is only active when the engine is running.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Did you do your Transmission Adaptation Reset in the command center?
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
werke-t
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin@Vishnu View Post
The software update, unfortunately, can only be done by the dealer. And if you haven't had your DME updated recently, it's definitely worth doing. Especially if you have a 6AT. You don't have to remove your Procede though since you are presumably out of warranty. It wont interfere with the DME update process since all the CANbus functionality is only active when the engine is running.
Thanks for the quick reply, I do actually have a extended warranty till 2014, but its aftermarket. Not sure if you know this, but does the dealership contact aftermarket warranty companies if they find mods?

I was planning on using my Dinan cert. local BMW shop, i know the owner and he is cool with all the mods obviously. Contential Imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Did you do your Transmission Adaptation Reset in the command center?
No I have not, didnt even know you could do that with the v4? Mind shooting me a link to a DIY or PM me?

My unit is unlocked so I can upgrade it to v5 if that will fix the issue, I just have been reading about some issued with the auto and v5 so I have been holding on upgrading until they have v5 autotune.

Thanks guys, Travis
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

You can do it with the V4....however you are missing out on the V5

Here is the comand center and how-to:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427976
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
werke-t
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
You can do it with the V4....however you are missing out on the V5

Here is the comand center and how-to:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427976
Awesome, thanks for all the help. I will try this out and get back to this thread.

Thanks again, Travis
Appreciate 0