E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BMW OEM Performance Exhaust and DimiSa Tips Questions - 335 Coupe

06-29-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
MAZINGER
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

BMW OEM Performance Exhaust and DimiSa Tips Questions - 335 Coupe

Guys,

Did someone here successfully install the dimisa tips to the BMW OEM Performance exhaust on the 335 coupe? Please post some photos if you can.

As I know, the dimisa tip is 8" long, which portion on the exhaust pipe do you cut in order to insert and weld the tip on? Note, there is a bent angle between the exhaust pipe extended from the muffler and the stainless steel exhaust tip.

Is the dimisa tip needed to trim (shorten) in order to fit?

Please advise, thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
caliguy562
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Search...it has been done successfully. Be forewarned though that changing the tips will change the sound of this exhaust. I know from personal experience. Small things matter apparently.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 12:31 AM   #3
MAZINGER
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy562 View Post
Search...it has been done successfully. Be forewarned though that changing the tips will change the sound of this exhaust. I know from personal experience. Small things matter apparently.
I searched the forums a couple of time already but I could find some "clear" pictures how do they get installed with the PE.

The reason that I ordered the tips due to the gap between the bumper and the OEM PE tips.

Really? It changed the sound I thought the tips make the sound more deeper and louder. I ordered the 3.5" diameter tips for the PE.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 12:45 AM   #4
caliguy562
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

As far as the exact difference, I would pm those who have done so. I originally had my stock tips put on and then took em off to have the pe tips put back on.

With stock tips, I lost a lot of the pops and crispness at part/off throttle. Also, on the high end, it sounded less like a high rpm streetbike. Upon close inspection, I noticed that the stock tip was pretty much the same diameter as the exhaust piping and flared out maybe .25 inches before the end. The pe tips flared out further back in the tip...creating a megaphone if u will.

I'm not sure how the dimisa tips are designed, but it will impact the final sound. It's the depth of the 3.5 inches that's important. If it only becomes that diameter near the end of the tip, then you will loose that "megaphone" effect that lets you hear all the greatness of the pe exhaust.

Last edited by caliguy562; 06-30-2011 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0