E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > This Monday It Might Finally Happen!

08-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
venom3469
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW/R 6MT 335i, YZF-R6.

Cool This Monday It Might Finally Happen!

Ok for those that know I'm selling my mustang for a 335i! This monday this guy is coming down to hopefully buy it!

Which means a bimmer is right around the corner for me!

One question though I plan on doing a turbo upgrade but I am having a hard time to decided what to go with. RB, AR, Helix?

Which gives the best power and what do they cost to be bought and fully installed?

Also which tunes work best with each one.

I'm very excited to start my bimmer modding...In the end I want to achieve 500rwhp! What's the best way and most dependable?...

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Nice! Not to rain on your parade or anything, but you should also probably have a 'in-case my shit breaks' fund aside from all the money you'll be spending on mods. Just a word of advise, that's all.

Other than that, the first thing to do will probably be putting some money down to reserve a spot for the RB turbos. Then start your modding. Also when you get your bimmer, get the service records and check for sw updates, hpfp, and injectors work done on your car(or lack there of).

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
plague
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sold :( / jb 20th AE

cool. totally different cars so hopefully you like the change. if youre looking at turbo upgrades, id go with RB's. the ASR's make good power too but quite a few people are making good power with the RB's. i also believe by AR you mean their talk of a large single turbo kit?? thats not released or even exposed yet. hopefully it is being worked on though. shiv just made 518whp, i believe on ASR turbos. once fuel issues are answered to, the upgraded turbos should be making upwards of 570-580 whp, they just have a max range of about 20-21 psi right now because cant get enough fuel to up the boost. and these motors are direct injection so its not as easy as just doubling up on the fuel pumps. post up some pics when you get your car and good luck

Parts for sale- PWM meth kit, M steering wheel, M shift knob, perforated e brake handle
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Eleventeen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

RB's
      08-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

PROcedes makes custom maps for the RB's. Shiv himself has a ASR car, so expect custom maps with those too.

Terry@BMS has worked with many RB cars as well, so you will have lots of support there too.

If you are willing to wait >6 months for RB's, then I would go that route. If you need turbo's ASAP, I would look into other brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom3469 View Post
In the end I want to achieve 500rwhp! What's the best way and most dependable?...
Sorry but 500 rwhp and dependable should not be put in the same sentence. There are probably less than 5 e9x's laying down more than 500 hp and they are definatly not daily driving with that amount of power. Until the fueling solution is fixed, just be happy with a 420+ hp car.

For 500hp you will need:

MT - make sure to upgrade the clutch, flywheel, ect (LM's car is auto but he rebuilt the entire transmission).
Tune - Either V5 or JB4...maybe Cobb when the ATR comes out. You will need to boost higher than 18 psi.
Meth - 75% or greater mixture
Race Gas - MS109
Catless Downpipes
Intake, Exhaust, ect...
Make sure to do a good intake valve cleaning

Expect more than $10,000 in mods to get this.....have money set aside if problems happen such as broken half shafts, blown tranny. If you want to lay this power down to the road you will need a LSD, good tires, upgraded suspension/m3 bits. Good luck with the build and happy modding.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /

Last edited by Syndicategt; 08-14-2011 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 02:38 AM   #6
venom3469
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
PROcedes makes custom maps for the RB's. Shiv himself has a ASR car, so expect custom maps with those too.

Terry@BMS has worked with many RB cars as well, so you will have lots of support there too.

If you are willing to wait >6 months for RB's, then I would go that route. If you need turbo's ASAP, I would look into other brands.

Sorry but 500 rwhp and dependable should not be put in the same sentence. There are probably less than 5 e9x's laying down more than 500 hp and they are definatly not daily driving with that amount of power. Until the fueling solution is fixed, just be happy with a 420+ hp car.

For 500hp you will need:

MT - make sure to upgrade the clutch, flywheel, ect (LM's car is auto but he rebuilt the entire transmission).
Tune - Either V5 or JB4...maybe Cobb when the ATR comes out. You will need to boost higher than 18 psi.
Meth - 75% or greater mixture
Race Gas - MS109
Catless Downpipes
Intake, Exhaust, ect...
Make sure to do a good intake valve cleaning

Expect more than $10,000 in mods to get this.....have money set aside if problems happen such as broken half shafts, blown tranny. If you want to lay this power down to the road you will need a LSD, good tires, upgraded suspension/m3 bits. Good luck with the build and happy modding.
Haha yeah man I know, I have already gone trough this with my mustang... 31in spline, aluminum drive shaft, LSD, Traction bars, CAI, LTH, ProCharger, ect...about a 9-10k investment. It was done over 2 years though.

But I'm selling my R6 and that profit money goes straight to turbo upgrade. Also saving money now form the job for tune to get me started...Then Ill go from there...
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 02:41 AM   #7
venom3469
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Also yes I will be very happy with 420rwhp. That's my first initial goal but by the time I done with the car in the long haul I would like to see 500 but will see...
Appreciate 0