E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Any ideas...weird coincidence...

08-18-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
stilov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various

Any ideas...weird coincidence...

My car is an 07 with 46k on it. Only had it since April. I had a couple starts in he last month that seemed longer than others, drove great.

On Tuesday, I put in new OEM plugs carefully, started the car felt good. Then I procede to update my JB4 to the newest firmware and insall my BMS meth kit.
Fine.

Went on my initial test run. First good go on the gas and it felt great. I did a second one with plans to datalog and popped off a diverter valve (I don' think I go it seated all the way) No big deal, I was going to burse the car back home and fix it. You could hear the whistle from the popped off dv, but the car still responded ok to throttle (light throttle to just get home)

Then all of the sudden, half yellow engine light and the car started shutting down. Came to a stop and now it just cranks. In an effort to make it home I cleared the codes, to which one indicated something along the lines of fuel.

Had to tow it, got it home, check all other hoses, looks good. Still cranks. Datalogged...no fuel pressure. Pulled off the meth and JB4, still acted the same way, checked all fuses. Got a code again 2FBE, which seems to indicate fuel pump.

Any other ideas? I bought a fuel pump and specified overnight shipping to the seller...come to find out it was shipped 1st class, great right?

I may just buy another one today. I "think" I am on the original hpfp.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilov View Post
My car is an 07 with 46k on it. Only had it since April. I had a couple starts in he last month that seemed longer than others, drove great.

On Tuesday, I put in new OEM plugs carefully, started the car felt good. Then I procede to update my JB4 to the newest firmware and insall my BMS meth kit.
Fine.

Went on my initial test run. First good go on the gas and it felt great. I did a second one with plans to datalog and popped off a diverter valve (I don' think I go it seated all the way) No big deal, I was going to burse the car back home and fix it. You could hear the whistle from the popped off dv, but the car still responded ok to throttle (light throttle to just get home)

Then all of the sudden, half yellow engine light and the car started shutting down. Came to a stop and now it just cranks. In an effort to make it home I cleared the codes, to which one indicated something along the lines of fuel.

Had to tow it, got it home, check all other hoses, looks good. Still cranks. Datalogged...no fuel pressure. Pulled off the meth and JB4, still acted the same way, checked all fuses. Got a code again 2FBE, which seems to indicate fuel pump.

Any other ideas? I bought a fuel pump and specified overnight shipping to the seller...come to find out it was shipped 1st class, great right?

I may just buy another one today. I "think" I am on the original hpfp.
"Then I procede to update my JB4.." haha (srry I couldn't resist)

Why did you buy a fuel pump?? The are covered under warranty for 10 years, not to mention there is a recall on them.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
stilov
Lieutenant
Rep

With all my mods and the fact that I'd have to tow it..I don't think they'd cover it and the tow. I figured I get one myself and make sure its the latest one.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
I'd say it's just a coincidence. HPFP failures are widespread on e90/92, not just tuned cars.

You said you already removed the JB4 and meth kit. What others mods do you have?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
kdiggz
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3

it sounds like you have a massive boost leak. did you or didn't you put the dv back on? that part wasn't clear
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
stilov
Lieutenant
Rep

yes, I put the dv back on.

Originally I thought it was a massive boost leak, like the dv popping off, but I put it back on and even with it off the car ran.

Once I got the half yellow light and it stopped...it will not run, it only cranks.

My datalogs show NO fuel pressure.

Is here something else I should be checking? It would be sweet if it didn't require the replacement, and worse case scenario...I have one on hand.

**** I would think if it were just the boost leak, #1 from the moment the vale popped off, it wouldn't have stalled and #2 I would think it would still start, especially after getting dv back in place.
Appreciate 0