E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Pins to pull/insert on updated V3 harness for O2 modifier

10-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Pins to pull/insert on updated V3 harness for O2 modifier

Hi,

I need Vishnu to chime in on this. Or anyone with the updated V3 harness with an O2 modifier harness update.

I want to reverse the process(in order to pass DEQ), but forgot which slots to put the pins back into. I don\'t have the new harness which is all color-coded. I\'m using the V3 updated harness(with all different colored wires), so IDK if the O2 modifier thread on this forum pertain to my harness....

Please help!

TIA

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
chrisw335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

dont know..thats why i never did this to my harness, but its on youtube i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
Hi,

I need Vishnu to chime in on this. Or anyone with the updated V3 harness with an O2 modifier harness update.

I want to reverse the process(in order to pass DEQ), but forgot which slots to put the pins back into. I don\'t have the new harness which is all color-coded. I\'m using the V3 updated harness(with all different colored wires), so IDK if the O2 modifier thread on this forum pertain to my harness....

Please help!

TIA
2007 335i Coupe 6AT - Sports Package - Premium Package - Procede V5 Rev 2.5 - Vishnu PWM - Vishnu DCI - Vanguard Exhaust - AR Downpipes - Helix FMIC - 19" Avant Garde M6 Reps - Michelin Pilot Super Sports - Bilstein PSS10 - M3 Suspension Bits - M3 Sway - M3 Strut Brace - GP Thunder -Forge DV -15% Tint - Aero Lip
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Hi,

Please help!

TIA
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450494

Just trace it by the pin numbers. To do the harness update, pin 7 is removed from the male side and 19 & 20 from the female side. Just reverse that if it makes sense.

I don't know how your harness looks. It might be tough to identify the O2 modifier wires if your harness came updated.

An easier option is to just get the BMS DP Fix and wire that in.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Yes, the thread should still pertain to you, meaning it should be the small black sub-connector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionredwing View Post
Just a clarification for reversing the process for emissions. After removing the equivalent of the 2 red wires shown in your example,

1) 2 female ends on the yellow wires would go into pins 19, and 20, correct?

2) How about the single male end? Is it pin 6 or 7? The other pin would be left open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post

1) Correct

2) Doesn't matter. Either one will be fine. You will have 1 empty terminal.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Wouldn't it just be easier to moreve the V5 right before the check? You have to turn off CANclear anyway, so I would just yank it out.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys!

Ya I was tempted on just taking out the V5 if I wasn't sure about the pins. But what NiVeDh said made sense, I just wanted to make sure that I got the pins in the right slots....

I just thought of another issue. The pins 19

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Wouldn't it just be easier to moreve the V5 right before the check? You have to turn off CANclear anyway, so I would just yank it out.
If you take it out, you have to use something else (BMS DP Fix, for example) to fool the O2 sensors so that the car will set readiness codes.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Ok so somehow my last post didn't show up completely....

My question now is, when reversing the process, how do I know which one of the two female pins go into which slot?

ie. What if I insert the pin that was suppose to be in slot 20 into slot 19, and vice versa? Same with the male pin?

This should matter, shouldn't it?

TIA

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Ya I was tempted on just taking out the V5 if I wasn't sure about the pins. But what NiVeDh said made sense, I just wanted to make sure that I got the pins in the right slots....

I just thought of another issue. The pins 19

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 02:46 AM   #9
bahn stormer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB

Quote:
Ok so somehow my last post didn't show up completely....

My question now is, when reversing the process, how do I know which one of the two female pins go into which slot?

ie. What if I insert the pin that was suppose to be in slot 20 into slot 19, and vice versa? Same with the male pin?

This should matter, shouldn't it?

TIA
When reversing the harness mod, female #19 and #20 can be put into either spot. They are spliced together a few inches away anyways. My original male pin came from #7.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn stormer View Post
When reversing the harness mod, female #19 and #20 can be put into either spot. They are spliced together a few inches away anyways. My original male pin came from #7.
Thanks! Will get to it this weekend, and hopefully get some new tags by next week.....lol.

Thanks for all you help guys!

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0