E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > What scenarios would cause Procede to not switch to maps 2, 3 or 4?

11-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Tronner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

What scenarios would cause Procede to not switch to maps 2, 3 or 4?

I've been having some odd issues with my car and getting the PWM kit installed. Recently I had two very weird instances of "bucking" at light load, leaving a stoplight. One time it threw a 10903 "crankshaft sensor, gap failure" error code.

I cleared that code and haven't seen it again even though the car has bucked once or twice since then (once possibly due to my Vishnu charge pipe popping out of the rubber elbow).

Now I have no codes whatsoever, but my Procede will not switch to maps 2, 3 or 4.

I bought a new crankshaft sensor which I have yet to replace, as well as new plugs. I am just wondering why the Procede would stop switching to those other maps? Is there a failsafe in there that's not allowing it because it's sensing something is wrong, or do I just need to reset it?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Try re-uploading the firmware and maps. In the read me of the upload it will ask you to reset procede anyway. BTW 4 will only be active if you have some values in the injection mode last I recall.

Only other way you only have map 1 only is if you managed to get yourself an enthusiast version of PROcede which came out for a short period of time about 6-8 months ago.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
bryce
Banned
Rep
Drives: zhp 3-pedal

Garage List
i had this happen before. have you recently done anything in the command center? i accidentally turned on nitrous mode in the command center, which locked my procede on the map that it was on. after trouble shooting it with shiv, he thought to get me to turn off nitrous mode in command center. worked perfectly
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
Tronner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Thanks - I'll check both of those things! Oh, and I know I don't have the enthusiast version because this one has switched to all maps before.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
i had this happen before. have you recently done anything in the command center? i accidentally turned on nitrous mode in the command center, which locked my procede on the map that it was on. after trouble shooting it with shiv, he thought to get me to turn off nitrous mode in command center. worked perfectly
+1 to this. I must have accidentally clicked nitrous on in the CC and couldn't switch maps. selected nitrous off and everything was fine.
Appreciate 0