E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > missed jury duty, what happens?

01-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
n52driver
el capitan
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 325i

missed jury duty, what happens?

ive been freaking out cause i originally had to postpone my first jury duty due to not being able to miss my midterms, but when my reschedule date came in the mail i was living on campus and my grandma passed it over and didnt notify me of it, so i missed my reschedule WITHOUT EVEN CALLING IN. so i barely found out about it when i came home for winter break. ive been hoping that something would come in the mail, but ive been getting scared so ive been trying to call the courthouse and the jury service call center but its not helping me. all it says is that i have failed to report and that a letter will be mailed. my question her is, am i gonna get fined cause its past my second time, ive read that there might be a warrent out for my arrest for stuff like this. can anyone give me advice? or enlighten me on the things i should do. any one who works for the county your input would be much appreciated. im shitting bricks here, im thinking i should go into the courthouse and ask them directly since i cant get a hold of a operator on their phone line and their website doesn't help at all
      01-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

they will send you a warning, first off just call in and tell them the reason for missing it and they'll let you go until next time or atleast that's what i've heard?
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
n52driver
el capitan
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 325i

they told me when i first called out when i had midterms that i have until one year from my first date to keep rescheduling, i cant get a hold of a person on the jury duty phone line, every option i choose tells me i missed my date and something will be mailed to me. im just scared that i might get fined or worse incarcerated
      01-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Victorae
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 | 2014 Tesla Model S

exact same problem happened to me. I would like to know too!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [7.02]
did a quick google search, this one seems the most logical.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-happens...-jury-duty.htm