E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335i E92 = magnet for a$$holes

06-02-2007, 01:46 AM   #1
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

335i E92 = magnet for a$$holes

Begin rant:

Tonight I went out with my E92 335i. Normally I take my POS former daily driver out but it was just such a beautiful night that I drove the 335i straight from work to the happy hour venue.

I *thought* I was lucky and found a right-in-front parking spot. I could see my toy directly from where I was sitting. However, rather than watching it rest in safety, I literally watched it being abused over and over.

All night, when glancing over, I saw people SIT ON / LEAN ON / REST ON / LEAVE THEIR $HIT on my 335i as they were waiting for their taxi home. Optimistically, I see it as people admiring it and "resting" on it as their way of appreciating it. As a prick, I see it as them wishing that they could own it. I mean, realistically, there were cars all around me and NONE got the same attention as mine. (I really wish they would have sat on the Escalade next to me instead).

I literally jumped over the rail and ran over when these two punks were sitting on my side view mirrors. My friends watched in horror as I ran over and said, "Hey man, can you get the hell off my car?!" to two very large fellows. They ran off like little boys caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

At the end of the day, I really wish that I would have driven my POS old car. I am not looking for the attention that the 335i coupe brings on a night out on the town. People are ugly and do some stupid things when they see a nice car.

To top it off, the guy parked near me dinged the crap out of my bumper as he was leaving. For better or worse, I didn't see that as it occurred.

End Rant.

I'm sure you all have seen this sort of idiotic behavior before. It just cuts through the AA / Vishnu / TT / ****** / Terry-is-a-salad-tosser crap that we see on this board and just draws out a true commonality among us: People either hate our cars, envy our cars from afar, or do stupid crap like I saw tonight. Sometimes I wish I drove a Toyota Corolla.

Screw the haters, I worked my a$$ off to afford this E92.

:mad:
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 02:23 AM   #2
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

People will do this kind of stuff no matter what you drive. Of course if you drove a shitty car, it would happen less then say your 335, but it will still happen. I think the only way to avoid this is to get your car so dam dirty that no one will ever want to sit on it / lean on it / or even stand next to it
      06-02-2007, 02:29 AM   #3
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

I hear you, bro!

Some people have no respect for somebody else's property.

I worked hard for my car too. I'm 24. I have no parents. I bought this car with my own sweat.

I'm slightly nervous every time I go to the movies or just out at night...
There are lots of haters out there.

I can hardly wait to catch someone doing that to my car...so I can rip their fu**ing head off.

06-02-2007, 03:47 AM   #4
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

man that's a harsh night, if u want to have fun sometimes just bring the pos car. less to worry about. really sorry to hear.

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 03:50 AM   #5
Walked U
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Too many to list

Theres alot of people that do that stuff. Esp at the drag strip.

Thats why im happy I got an e90. I like the 4 doors and it doesnt attract too much attention.

I got a DD also I use it all the time going to work or for driving far distances.
Ferrari 575 SA, 458 Italia
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 04:41 AM   #6
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastman View Post
Sometimes I wish I drove a Toyota Corolla.

I am so glad I kept my 2006 Corolla S and didn't trade it as I originally planned. When I go out downtown with the E92, I always park in a parking deck on a floor that is about empty. No way would I ever park my car in front of a restaurant/bar. Doesn't matter that it is an e92, I wouldn't park my corolla in front of a bar.

Live and learn.

I agree with you that there is a lot of unwanted attention at very frequent intervals. My Corolla was only about 16k out the door, go grab yourself one.
I drive the corrolla Mon-Thurs.

Strange to me that a 3 series get so much attention.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #7
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Sounds more like you need a new neighbourhood rather than a new car!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #8
Hallandale E92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Titanium Silver

Funny story same thing happened to my fathers aston martin and now he parks wherever theres two open spaces on both sides and no where near any crowd. Hell park at the back of a parking lot. it sucks but its what you have to do if you dont want people Fing with your car. i now do the same with my 335i to after years of watching my father do this.
RIP: Totaled 2007 335i Titanium Silver/ Coral Red : VIP Tuning Custom tune, VIP Tuning Intake, VIP Tuning charge pipes, VIP Tuning BOV, UR cat-less down pipes, OEM aero lip, OEM aero rear valence, 19" Iforged Daytonas
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #9
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #10
pikkashoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335 Coupe

Wow this thread really gets my blood boiling. I feel for you man. You have a lot of self restraint, because if I would of seen two idiots sitting on my brand new car, I would of flipped. People have no respect, and top it off, I am sure they where drunk too.

I remember a friend of mine a couple years ago had just gotten a brand new integra. We went out one night to a bar, and a fat older lady pulled up and parked right next to him, she was driving a brand new mercedes e 420. My friend had specifically parked far away from everyone to avoid this. I will never forget it, she got out and put a giant dent in his brand new car, literally the car was 3 days old and you could hear the impact from her door hitting his integra. Lady got out, looked at his door, shrugged her shoulders and laughed to who ever she was on the phone with, and walked away. We saw the entire thing from where we where sitting at the bar.

My friend walked right over to her brand new benz with her dealer tags still on it, looked at his car in dismay, told me to come over, and kicked the shit out her door, he put a giant 3 square foot dent in her door. Lady heard it and began to run back, all of her 300 lbs while still on the phone. She came up and began to bitch while still on the phone, my friend told her off with some nice little choice words and we drove off. Some people!! Lady never even apologized or anything. Ill admit what he did was wrong too, but hey we where younger back then.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #11
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
At least they weren't keying your car. It doesn't sound like thoes taxi-seeking people leaning on your car were doing that out of malice or car envy. They were just inconsiderate and clueless about others' property.
      06-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #12
DIRKD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 sedan

I guess you should never buy a Lambo then.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #13
Cabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X740i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
Another advantage of leasing

I'm not sure where you live, but I think most people are just completely clueless and aren't doing that on purpose just to damage your car. Most people are idiots and have no idea what they're doing and don't care. Every other car here is a BMW or Merc, so they dont get a lot of attention unless it's modded heavily.

Enjoy your car. What's the point of working so hard for something that's going to give you gray hair from worry.

No matter where you park, some big fat idiot driving a minivan with 20 kids will park next to you. It happens everytime. I have better luck trying to find a spot between two cars that has a lot of room, and if possible, try and determine if the cars are going to be there awhile.

If you go somewhere a lot, you'll probably see the same cars there often. Those are the employees, park next to them because their cars aren't going anywhere, at least not before you leave. I rather park close to a car I know isn't moving then take my chances parking next to an open space.

Or what I do, bring a friend and tell them to park one space away from a curb, so you can park next to them for protection
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #14
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Wrong forum for this thread ....

I would avoid parking where folks are hanging out, waiting for taxis or whatever. Fwiw, where I live most folks would not sit or lean against someone else's car. Urban culture has its downsides.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #15
mayno
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i / 2018 BMW 430i Conv

this is why i never park in the front of a parking lot...i always park in the back/rear of the lot away from everyone. no one bothers your car and you don't worry about door dings and such. also, if someone tries to break into your car it's obvious since your car is in the wide open.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #16
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Austin Yellow

I always park in corner spots - or way out in the parking lot. Any normal person wouldn't want to walk all that way to lean on it.

I have had to tell a few people to get off my car in the past - I was quite angry about it, but nice/respectful when telling them to shove off. I am respectful of other peoples vehicles and property - even when they aren't looking. I expect the same respect for my property, very idealistic to think we'd get that in return.

My best friend's girl asked if she could lean on the car (she was feeling sick, and had nearly threw up in the new 335) I told her...no, i'd rather you didn't.

Some people buy cars to drive. We buy cars to take care of and drive. Not everyone has the same appreciation for their own vehicles That means you can't just park anywhere, i go to great lengths to avoid trouble areas and will go out of my way to find someplace better ...or have someone else drive to avoid having to deal with it.

I'm crazy...but its my car, my money...not yours, not theirs.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #17
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastman View Post
I'm sure you all have seen this sort of idiotic behavior before. It just cuts through the AA / Vishnu / TT / ****** / Terry-is-a-salad-tosser crap that we see on this board and just draws out a true commonality among us: People either hate our cars, envy our cars from afar, or do stupid crap like I saw tonight. Sometimes I wish I drove a Toyota Corolla.

: I almost laughed out of my chair to the the salad-tosser reference. I also worked my ass off for my car and I think you handled the incidents very patiently. It is incredible how those folks were drawn to your car rather than the others. Like you, I always find a seat where I can watch the car. I had a daily driver, but hated moving it in the mornings (have a two car garage). I bought my car, but with the changes to models happening so fast these days, from engine to styling and technology, I may lease next time and worry less about experiences like yours.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #18
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
I wish that were the case. It was a nice bar right next to the Governor's Mansion. No joke.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #19
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

I read the thread title and wondered if assholes were attracted to driving the 335, or do assholes like to hang near the 335
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #20
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
I read the thread title and wondered if assholes were attracted to driving the 335, or do assholes like to hang near the 335
Yeah, poor choice for subject.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #21
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

You know, one way or another, SOME asshole is going to ruin your pride and joy, either by rear-ending you, or dinging the sh!t out of your door. Its truly inevitable.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #22
kingjod123
Installing an Air Cooler
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan Black Sapphire

put benches all around your car.
Appreciate 0