E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > oil cooler on e90 335i's

07-09-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
ritesh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: White 335i Step

oil cooler on e90 335i's

I've read a few topics out there and people are saying that the 335i (Coupe or Sedan) with sport package should come with the extra oil cooler. I received my car April 20 and it just came in that day as I had to wait for it so I'm assuming it was Mar production and NO OIL COOLER.

I went back to Brian Jessel and checked other e90's on the lot and none had coolers in the wheel well. A few coupes did however.

Does anyone in canada driving an E90 have the extra oil cooler?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 09:05 AM   #2
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Yes, I have the 6MT though. Do you have Auto?
      07-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
BvZiJpX_E90
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

no matter it's manual or auto, if we have sports package, we should have one. I believe US has retrofit kit, but not for Canada. I suggest you to call BMW Canada and have your info in the the list saying that you have called-in and complain about it. I called and tell them that it's so unfair that we pay for the same price, but later production cars have this oil cooler but earlier production cars don't. Their answer would be the car won't get over heat, if it does over heat, the car will switch to a mode and we can drive home safely.... But my point is rather be safe then sorry...

So, just call BMW Canada and complain about it or even yell at them
      07-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
planetscott
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

I have a 6MT 335i and I have an oil cooler (May production).
      07-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #5
ritesh
Enlisted Member
Rep

I contacted BMW canada and they had the usual response..

In normal day-to-day driving, an oil cooler is not required. Additionally, the engine is equipped with an "oil temperature failsafe" mode which prevents possible engine damage due to higher oil temperature. The engine stays in this mode until the engine oil temperature has decreased, and if this does occur we suggest you visit your closest BMW Retailer to have the concern addressed.

I have an auto with paddle shifts. Such crap. I'm trying to see if there are other auto's out there that have the extra oil cooler or are these limited to the manuals in canada at least.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #6
ritesh
Enlisted Member
Rep

I just had a chat with my Sales guy and he said that BMW has made them aware of this issue but apparently, i'm the the only true life complaint with regards to the car actually going into limp mode. If there are guys in the vancouver area that have had this happen, talk to your dealer as my sales guys are going to talk to Germany to see what they can do for me. I'm planning road trips to California and Las Vegas and if I can get my car to heat up just driving through back roads in Vancouver weather, this car is going to be an fixture on the side of the road in Vegas or Cali. My sales rep agreed and said he will do his best.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #7
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

I have a 328i and was looking at the possibility of trading mine to get a 335 or a X5 when I was talking my sales guy about the 335 I bought up the issue and I was told that only 335's with the Sports package will get the Cooler!!!!.

In my opnion this is completely bull S%%%. They know this is an issue and they should fix all the ones with a Cooler. Regrdless of the weather condition and the road condition. Do they expect us to spend that kind of money on a car and then in the middle of the trip to stand by the road side?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
CaptChaos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Grey

Maybe your car wasn't produced in March. Check your door jamb for the manufacturing date.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 11:39 PM   #9
ritesh
Enlisted Member
Rep

DAMN!!! I just checked the date on the door jam.... 02/07
I must have just missed this.... THIS IS JUST THE PITS.....

Don't care...Gonna work with the dealers to get this resolved...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #10
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BvZiJpX_E90 View Post
no matter it's manual or auto, if we have sports package, we should have one. I believe US has retrofit kit, but not for Canada. I suggest you to call BMW Canada and have your info in the the list saying that you have called-in and complain about it. I called and tell them that it's so unfair that we pay for the same price, but later production cars have this oil cooler but earlier production cars don't. Their answer would be the car won't get over heat, if it does over heat, the car will switch to a mode and we can drive home safely.... But my point is rather be safe then sorry...

So, just call BMW Canada and complain about it or even yell at them
Especially if you paid more than $1,700 for the Auto and paddle shifters. I know there are already two (2) dead 335i in one of the dealers here in Toronto. Not sure if they have the HPP problem or the oil-cooler problem though.
      07-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
BvZiJpX_E90
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

yes, just keep calling and complain. This is all about the fairness. People who doesn't have a cooler paid for the same amount as people who has a cooler. There is no point that we don't get one as well.