E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Cracked Valve Body price!? HELP!!!

07-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
BklynTico506
Pura Vida
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blau '08 E90 Xi

Cracked Valve Body price!? HELP!!!

Hey guys,

So on July 3rd, right after I parked in front of my house my '08 328xi somehow lost all gears. R and D were neutral. Towed the car to BMW manhattan thinking that my aftermarket warranty would cover the repairs. BMW diagnosed it as a "Bad Shifter Valve" and wanted me to pay $1,300 to fix it, stating that my warranty would not cover because it was an electronic component. Thought the dealer was jerking me, towed the car to Motorcepts out in queens. Motorcepts had the car for a few days told me that my valve body had a crack in it. An adjuster came out to see the car and 3 days later the warranty company still denied payment. Stating the same as above "Electronic component" wasnt covered. So I speak to John and he says the job would cost me $3,500... I contact the dealer I got the car from and they want me to take the car to a shop that they deal with and split the costs of whatever the damages are. He told me that Motorcepts was out of their mind for that price and etc. Basically I'm trying to figure out what the TRUE costs of this are. I trust Motorcepts, but am still new to BMW's and dont know much about parts and labor... Please Help!
Appreciate 0