E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BMW Recall Extended Warranty For Import?

08-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

BMW Recall Extended Warranty For Import?

Hey guys,

I recently bought my 2008 335i down in the US and imported it up to Canada.

My question is regarding the extended warranty coverage for the HPFP and I believe the waste-gate also has an extended warranty coverage. If for whatever reason either of these have to be replaced will BMW honor replacing them in Canada or do I have to drive it down to the US to get it fixed?

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
uniter
Black on Black on Black.
Rep
Drives: 335i/6mt Sport,Nav,Prem.

I've heard about nothing but problems trying to get Canadian dealers to honor US warranties.

LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::BIEHNTUNE FLASH::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::OS GIKEN 1.5 WAY::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniter View Post
I've heard about nothing but problems trying to get Canadian dealers to honor US warranties.
Perfect thanks. Does anyone have the exact time frame for the warranty for the wastegate and the HPFP just for reference?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
CrazyNole21
Phizzle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Perfect thanks. Does anyone have the exact time frame for the warranty for the wastegate and the HPFP just for reference?
Search on this forum. I think the HPFP is 10 yrs/100,000 miles and wastegate is 8yrs/80,000 miles. Not 100% sure but close to that.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNole21 View Post
Search on this forum. I think the HPFP is 10 yrs/100,000 miles and wastegate is 8yrs/80,000 miles. Not 100% sure but close to that.
Thanks for that I did a search and you are correct.

Just out of curiosity while searching this forum for the answer I stumbled on a couple member who had waste gate rattle and BMW actually replaced their turbo's to fix the problem.

I am experiencing a little bit of waste-gate rattle (my car is an '08 so no more warranty), should I push for them to replace the turbo's? Or is it possible for them to replace just the waste-gate?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
CrazyNole21
Phizzle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i

Quote:
Thanks for that I did a search and you are correct.

Just out of curiosity while searching this forum for the answer I stumbled on a couple member who had waste gate rattle and BMW actually replaced their turbo's to fix the problem.

I am experiencing a little bit of waste-gate rattle (my car is an '08 so no more warranty), should I push for them to replace the turbo's? Or is it possible for them to replace just the waste-gate?
Depends on the dealership. You're in Canada so U.S. warranties might differ from Canada's. When do you hear the rattle? Startup? I thought too myself about a rattle but on startup in the rear, only one of your exhaust outlets is open and after a minute, the other outlet opens up, causing a little rattle. Once in a while, I hear a little rattle but nothing to worry about, rattle lasts for secs/mins. Sometimes you just need to adjust the wastegate rattle so no need of replacement of turbos. Since you're out of warranty, take it to your local indy shop for an inspection of your turbos & wastegate.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Hey guys,

I recently bought my 2008 335i down in the US and imported it up to Canada.

My question is regarding the extended warranty coverage for the HPFP and I believe the waste-gate also has an extended warranty coverage. If for whatever reason either of these have to be replaced will BMW honor replacing them in Canada or do I have to drive it down to the US to get it fixed?

Thanks guys.
You should PM DESI4life10 he bought his BMW and can tell you where to get your car serviced with no problems, he is in the GTA area and more then willing to help out.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNole21 View Post
Depends on the dealership. You're in Canada so U.S. warranties might differ from Canada's. When do you hear the rattle? Startup? I thought too myself about a rattle but on startup in the rear, only one of your exhaust outlets is open and after a minute, the other outlet opens up, causing a little rattle. Once in a while, I hear a little rattle but nothing to worry about, rattle lasts for secs/mins. Sometimes you just need to adjust the wastegate rattle so no need of replacement of turbos. Since you're out of warranty, take it to your local indy shop for an inspection of your turbos & wastegate.
Ya when I starts the car I hear a little rattle (which your correct is the exhaust outlet) but that quickly goes away.

Its not too too bad but when I rev my engine to about 3000rpm and let off the gas you can hear the rattle and so I figure minas well try and get it replaced by BMW while I still can. They did 'force' me spend $500 on that amazing recall-letter so I figure I should make it worth my while
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #9
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
You should PM DESI4life10 he bought his BMW and can tell you where to get your car serviced with no problems, he is in the GTA area and more then willing to help out.
I am gonna PM him right now... thanks a lot for the help I'll post back what he says.
Appreciate 0