E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BOV before Meth Bungs - is there a benefit or not?

08-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
BOV before Meth Bungs - is there a benefit or not?

So in my never ending googling of running a BOV with meth I seem to always come across people saying to put the Bungs right after the BOV. This is the same recommendation I saw by members of the e9x community as well.

Now I was thinking, when I let off the throttle as long as there is meth anywhere along the cold side piping would it not still be venting out the BOV possibly? My understanding was always that the BOV would need to be moved to the hot side to avoid spraying meth when lifting off the throttle, but I've seen a lot of people saying otherwise so I was hoping somebody who knows a bit better could chime in.

If this method does prevent meth from being vented I would move my BOV to the elbow and just have the bungs located after the BOV, but I don't see how the position of the BOV makes a difference as long as it's on the cold side.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0