E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Samsung Galaxy S3 - Bluetooth Lockup

08-26-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
A13x
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Bluetooth Lockup

This must have been the strangest week i have had in my e90, my BT in my car and my SG3 seems to lock the entire radio and interface up. It connects fine but then stays connected (like the display you get in a call), radio, no buttons, settings etc work at all.

I am unsure what version i am on and i do not have a usb interface or idrive, do you know if its possible to upgrade the bluetooth software myself or must i take it to the dealer.

If turn engine off remove key etc it stays connected (for around 30mins) then eventually drops the call / connection. If i turn bluetooth off the connection stops.

I am a bit amazed that without the key, engine cut etc the BT remains connected, even when locking the car etc.

Deleting the pair and pairing results in the same thing, complete lock up. Iphone and blackberry are fine.

It is very similar to : http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461455 but my BT works with iphone and blackberry

It only happened last week, it was working perfectly fine previously.

Anyone any ideas ?

Last edited by A13x; 08-26-2012 at 06:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
A13x
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

OK little update:

Modems Tested:
DXLH1 - BT Issues
XXLEF - BT Issues
XXLG6 - BT Issues
XXLE8 - BT Issues
XXLFB - BT Issues
DXLF3 AND XXBLG1 - BT Works.

Maybe i need to change my firmware and modem to match that might do it.
Appreciate 0