E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Windscreen Wiper problems (New User)

08-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
MattHazeldine
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport

Windscreen Wiper problems (New User)

Hi

Noticed a problem with my E90 today, whilst having the wiper on auto they just stopped working! They were in the parked position and no matter what i did with the stalk they would just not work!

After turning the car off, checked all the fuses etc, restarted the car and still nothing! By this point i had enough of it and walked away, turned the car on a couple of hours later and all working fine!

Has any body else had this problem and if you have please can point me in the right direction?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 05:15 AM   #2
Trevikins
Retired
England
Rep
Drives: G20 320i M Sport

I've had this problem on two occasions and had to call BMW Emergency Services out both times. The first time the guy checked the relay and couldn't find a fault, however when he put it all back together it worked fine. The second time (exactly 12 months after the first incident) the guy did what he called a reboot and it worked fine. He advised that it was probably software related and that I should ask for a software update at the next service.

The car is due in within the next month or so, but in the meantime I keep the windcreen coated in rain repellant just in case.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: forgot to add that mine is a December 2010 build.

Last edited by Trevikins; 08-29-2012 at 05:20 AM.. Reason: Build Date
Appreciate 0