E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Ordering 2008 335I

08-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
OTK_KART
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: cars with 4 wheels

Ordering 2008 335I

I am thinking of ordering a 08 335i with sport package. Anyone know what the finance rate is going to be for 48 months. I know it is 4.9% for 2007 and the website does not mentioned anything for 08. The dealer only gives me $20,000 for my trade and that is the only thing it hold me back right now. I would be way ahead if I sell my car private and try to get some discount off by doing a straight deal, right? The salesman told me they don't discount their car if I have to order it in. They would only give discount if I buy the car off their lot. Could that be possible?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
Alex_bm
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Giulia QV

Dealers make profit regardless where they get the car from. It's a matter of demand level. If it's high dealers will try to squiz as much as possible of the deal.
Shop around, or try one of car pricing services to get an idea on a real market price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joech View Post
I am thinking of ordering a 08 335i with sport package. Anyone know what the finance rate is going to be for 48 months. I know it is 4.9% for 2007 and the website does not mentioned anything for 08. The dealer only gives me $20,000 for my trade and that is the only thing it hold me back right now. I would be way ahead if I sell my car private and try to get some discount off by doing a straight deal, right? The salesman told me they don't discount their car if I have to order it in. They would only give discount if I buy the car off their lot. Could that be possible?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
notsure
Rep
Drives: E46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joech View Post
I went back to the two local dealers this week and the party line at the moment seems to indicate I'd be lucky to get MSRP on a 2008 E90 335i at the moment - with or without trade-in. They also mentioned they would NOT be offering 4.9% on 08s but couldn't give me an idea as to how much it would go up.

I'll be driving westward in a few weeks so I'll stop at as many dealerships as I can between here and the border @ Manitoba.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 06:17 AM   #4
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

you should be able to get a few % off msrp. better for the sedan than the coupe though.
      08-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
Valmont
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe, Alpine White

4.9% ??? that sounds like the Sedan and not the Coupe.....
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
notsure
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmont View Post
4.9% ??? that sounds like the Sedan and not the Coupe.....
Yes, the E90 is a sedan... no?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #7
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Yes, e90 is the sedan. You can get around 2% discount of MRSP if you order, and up to 4% if the car is on the lot. The reason is that a car on the lot is already paid for by dealer so if unsold just costs the dealer money (dealer's line of credit with bank). So dealer wants to move on-lot inventory quickly.

The finance rate is set by BMW of Canada, not the dealer(s). So for 07 models it is 4.9%. The dealer will not know the rate for 08s until BMW Canada tells them. I assume it will be 6.9% as usual (same as e92 and X5).
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #8
notsure
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerista View Post
Yes, e90 is the sedan. You can get around 2% discount of MRSP if you order, and up to 4% if the car is on the lot. The reason is that a car on the lot is already paid for by dealer so if unsold just costs the dealer money (dealer's line of credit with bank). So dealer wants to move on-lot inventory quickly.

The finance rate is set by BMW of Canada, not the dealer(s). So for 07 models it is 4.9%. The dealer will not know the rate for 08s until BMW Canada tells them. I assume it will be 6.9% as usual (same as e92 and X5).
Wow, sounds like instead of driving west I need to drive a little east!

I'm ready to jump in now at 2% - 4% below MSRP for an 08 E90 335i. I get the feeling the local dealers are waiting to see what the real demand will be for them before agreeing to this kind of thing. Business must have been slow when I got my 04 because I don't remember this kind of BS.

BMW FS won't be doing themselves any favours if their rate is above prime. Getting the bank to lend most people money at prime doesn't seem to be very difficult these days.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #9
Alex_bm
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Giulia QV

I got 4% and I ordered.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Unless you are Bill gates banks are going to give you prime plus 1 these days, and that's more than 6.9%

Discount depends entirely on when you order, what your relationship is with the dealer/SA and which model you order. I can now have for the same price I paid for a 328, the 335 equiped very close to mine But when I got the 328, the 335 was sold at MSRP without discount and a finance rate of 7.45%
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #11
Rewted
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

I too negotiated 3.5% off an 08 e92 335i, and had my PDI matched, along with other fees. You can do better.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
notsure
Rep

Quote:
Unless you are Bill gates banks are going to give you prime plus 1 these days, and that's more than 6.9%

Discount depends entirely on when you order, what your relationship is with the dealer/SA and which model you order. I can now have for the same price I paid for a 328, the 335 equiped very close to mine But when I got the 328, the 335 was sold at MSRP without discount and a finance rate of 7.45%
I'm no Bill Gates and I've been getting prime interest rates for some time now.

The BWM dealers may have the car I want but I've got the patience - hopefully one of them will accept my offer or make a reasonable counter before my patience runs out. The in-laws seem to have a good relationship with their dealer so I'm going to check it out in a couple of weeks - by my math it's worth driving the 6 hours each way to get the deal I want on the 335i.
Appreciate 0