E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > I need some help with two codes: 12495 and 12496

10-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep
Drives: 335i

I need some help with two codes: 12495 and 12496

Both are "Wastegate, input signal"

What would cause this? Seems like something is just unplugged, but I don't know what or where. I've looked over the entire ECM harness and can find no pins out of place or disconnected. What else can I look for?

Will paypal $20 to whoever points me in the right direction leading to a solution.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

I assume you have a procede? Did this just pop up? or is this a fresh install? Are you stock? We need a lot more information to be helpful
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Try reloading firmware and maps. Also might want to try adjusting WG position to see whether that does anything. I assume you have a Procede, and I also assume that the Procede does not have its own drivers for the WG solenoids - it just forces the ECU to do its boost bidding. The ECU will know whether they're unplugged or not, yes. But there is fuse 02 in the small ECU fuse box that powers them (plus other things), and a splice joint. You could check for power to the WG solenoids at their connectors directly - the orange wire is power into the WG solenoid, and the ECU switches the ground circuit to activate them.
      10-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Those codes indicate that the DME isn't seeing a solenoid load when trying to control boost. With a Procede installed, there are ballast resistors on the board itself which imitate the factory solenoids and keep the DME happy so that the Procede can drive the solenoids directly. The only way that the DME wouldn't see this load is if something was modified improperly on the harness or if the car was started without the procede plugged into the harness. Did this problem suddenly appear or was it after some work was done/change was made?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thank you everyone for the pointers. The issue first came up months ago when I put in the Procede. Car was running fine before. The Procede unit (but not harness) was then replaced but the issue remained even on map 0. I then removed the Procede and frankly haven't had enough time until now to get back around to dealing with the issue since then. I still get a half engine light on 80%+ throttle but haven't had a chance to get the code read. If it is still the same code where do I look from there?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57 View Post
Thank you everyone for the pointers. The issue first came up months ago when I put in the Procede. Car was running fine before. The Procede unit (but not harness) was then replaced but the issue remained even on map 0. I then removed the Procede and frankly haven't had enough time until now to get back around to dealing with the issue since then. I still get a half engine light on 80%+ throttle but haven't had a chance to get the code read. If it is still the same code where do I look from there?
If replacing the Procede didn't solve the issue, then the problem is either with the harness or how it was installed. Best bet would be to send it to us for (free) inspection and testing. Should be easy to see what is going on once we get our hands on it.

shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 12:49 AM   #7
Ángel torres
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335i twin turbo

I have the same problem, could someone tell me how they solved this
Appreciate 0