E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > squeaking noise from a wastegate

12-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
E92BA
FBO + e85 335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

squeaking noise from a wastegate

Hey everyone, I was just driving my car & I don't know how it started but all of a sudden I hear a squeaking noise everytime I step on the gas. I opened the hood & had someone rev it a little & I noticed it is coming from a wastegate. it's everytime I step inthe gas it squeaks once. it sounds like it needs to be lubricated or something. I was just wondering if anyone has heard the same sound in their car & what the solution is.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
slostjoe
NEWBICON
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is

I had this problem and one of the V-Band clamps on the down pipes was broken. Replaced and noise is gone.
      12-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by slostjoe View Post
I had this problem and one of the V-Band clamps on the down pipes was broken. Replaced and noise is gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92BA View Post
Hey everyone, I was just driving my car & I don't know how it started but all of a sudden I hear a squeaking noise everytime I step on the gas. I opened the hood & had someone rev it a little & I noticed it is coming from a wastegate. it's everytime I step inthe gas it squeaks once. it sounds like it needs to be lubricated or something. I was just wondering if anyone has heard the same sound in their car & what the solution is.
Just curious does it sound like this at :18 . It's that little squeaking noise. I've had it for a little while and now that I think about it, it might have started when I got my downpipes installed.... Almost everytime I turn off the car I hear that noise

Edit: It's not the crackling noise when the car turns off it's the squeaking noise. The crackling noise is because I didn't hold in the clutch while turning it off
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0