E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Electrical help, I need to tap into battery voltage

03-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Electrical help, I need to tap into battery voltage

Hey all,

I am coming from the 1er forum to ask the bigger brother a question. Soon I am starting on a headlight retrofit on my 128i's halogen headlights. I would usually tap power from the battery, but BMW puts our batteries in the rear instead of the front. Is there a place on the front of the car that is connected to the positive terminal of the battery to supply constant 12VDC?

I am aware that there is a positive terminal post under the hood, but is it always a closed circuit that goes straight to the positive terminal of the allspark located in the trunk? Since there are a lot of similarities between the two models I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here too.

I need this question answered but in the meantime here is a little teaser

Last edited by Gray_Panther; 03-16-2013 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 0