E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Clutch issue, Maybe not?

03-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Mr.335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Clutch issue, Maybe not?

Had a snowstorm couple weeks back. Got caught in it, got stuck a couple of times.

Pretty sure the clutch took a good beating that night. Now my issue is I feel that the pedal is going down easier when i press on it. Oppose to applying pressure back?

There is still pressure being applied back through the pedal, but i feel its not as strong as before. Maybe its just me not sure though?

No slips..car seems 100% fine. The clutch master cylinder is filled to the top to..so it wouldn't be that i wouldnt think.

Also I feel very uncomfortable with these long oil change intervals. Use to my Evo which had to be done every 3k - 5k on syntethic.

Going on a long trip in a couple weeks, anyway I can convince the dealer to change the oil before service date (which is in 20k miles I believe it says).
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
n54door
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 135i 6AT FBO - MHD Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.335 View Post
Had a snowstorm couple weeks back. Got caught in it, got stuck a couple of times.

Pretty sure the clutch took a good beating that night. Now my issue is I feel that the pedal is going down easier when i press on it. Oppose to applying pressure back?

There is still pressure being applied back through the pedal, but i feel its not as strong as before. Maybe its just me not sure though?

No slips..car seems 100% fine. The clutch master cylinder is filled to the top to..so it wouldn't be that i wouldnt think.

Also I feel very uncomfortable with these long oil change intervals. Use to my Evo which had to be done every 3k - 5k on syntethic.

Going on a long trip in a couple weeks, anyway I can convince the dealer to change the oil before service date (which is in 20k miles I believe it says).
Sounds like the clutch is fine. Maybe the outside temp is higher and allowing the hydraulic clutch fluid to move easier through the lines?

On the oil changes, I change it every 5-7k miles using synthetic. 15k miles is bs, especially if you drive it hard.

Use the dash controls to see your oild level. You might convince them if you're missing half your oil.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.335 View Post

If you drive your car hard, you should change the oil yourself. You will never be able to convince BMW to change it early.

I basically changed my halfway through the normal internval, about 7,000 Miles.

As far as the clutch, maybe you heated up the fluid a bit.

If your handy, you may want to bleed the clutch fluid and change it with fresh fluid. (It can only help).
Appreciate 0