E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Injector/HPFP Recall

05-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #1
Mautofied17
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Competition xDrive

Injector/HPFP Recall

Are these recalls still in effect? If so, can I just call up and schedule an appointment? My car is having some slight misfires, and would like the recalls performed, as they haven't been performed previously (according to CarFax).

Square 826M 20" Wheels, Dinan HAS, Dinan Midpipe, Dinan Axle-Back Exhaust, Dinan 10/12mm Spacers, SST Valve Controller
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
Turbopat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black on black e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Are these recalls still in effect? If so, can I just call up and schedule an appointment? My car is having some slight misfires, and would like the recalls performed, as they haven't been performed previously (according to CarFax).
Not EVERY vehicle has those recalls. What I did is called one dealer and asked if my vehicle is covered they started being rude and saying they would only fix it if I have codes and such (which I do). Called another no problem. Dropping the car off tomo. Im getting wastegate rattle, hpfp, and battery safety recall.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
Mautofied17
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Sweet!! So there is a recall for waste gates too? Hopefully it won't matter that I'm FBO.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
gtaccord
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Sweet!! So there is a recall for waste gates too? Hopefully it won't matter that I'm FBO.
You probably need to be back to stock to have any hope of them honoring the recalls on the pump and injectors without a hassle.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
Mautofied17
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaccord View Post
You probably need to be back to stock to have any hope of them honoring the recalls on the pump and injectors without a hassle.
Well screw that. I'm not pulling off the intake, exhaust, downpipes, JB4, chargepipe, BOV, etc.

But wait, isn't this a recall? Meaning they have to fix it no matter what? My car is not under warranty. I know some of the recalls are because they caused safety hazards. FBO or not, they should fix something that could potentially endanger my life.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
The answer is yes, as I sit here at my service dept waiting for a loaner(the job will take all day). Both injector banks to be replaced under recall, as well as valve cover gasket which was causing rough idle morning starts, ie a vacuum leak. All covered under warranty, cum DinanS3 modifications with no worries.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
gtaccord
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi

Garage List
This is not a recall where no matter what you bring the car in and the problem gets fixed (like the recent electrical connector recall). These recalls (hpfp and wastegates) require your car to have a problem and then the problem has to be diagnosed as being caused by one of the items in the recalls and then they will perform the recall. You can't just say my car is acting wierd give me x for free. The injector recall should be performed without diagnoses if your car falls within the affected range.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
Mautofied17
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaccord View Post
This is not a recall where no matter what you bring the car in and the problem gets fixed (like the recent electrical connector recall). These recalls (hpfp and wastegates) require your car to have a problem and then the problem has to be diagnosed as being caused by one of the items in the recalls and then they will perform the recall. You can't just say my car is acting wierd give me x for free. The injector recall should be performed without diagnoses if your car falls within the affected range.
Okay, that makes sense. I honestly thought the HPFP recall was the same way after reading about it, since it posed a potential safety hazard, but maybe not.

Now that I read a little more, I do see that it is a "voluntary safety recall." My car does have some long cranks every once in awhile, but that just may be my imagination after buying a new car.
Appreciate 0