E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Spec 2+ Install Questions

07-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
vertigo44
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 335i Coupe

Spec 2+ Install Questions

I am getting ready to install my SPEC clutch later this week. I was review the following thread and had a few questions...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271606

The 9th picture down from the top...caption 'New pilot bearing and release bearing installed' shows a pic of the throwout/release bearing and the pilot bearing installed in the input shaft of the transmission.

First question - In my chevy days the pilot bearing went into the crank or flywheel. Is it correct to install the pilot bearing in the transmission input shaft?

Second question - If question 1 is correct...Would it be advisable to install the pilot bearing into the trans input shaft with red locktite between the outside of the pilot bearing surface and the inside of the input bearing surface to prevent the bearing from spinning inside the trans input shaft?

Thrid question - Should I apply a very light amount of high temp grease on the throwout bearing surface that meets the pressure plate splines?

Thanks!
      07-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
The Ghost
Reborn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Everything you need will come in the Spec kit. The bearing (guide really), is installed in the transmission output shaft. I replaced it the first time, which is a PITA to remove. The second time I left it. I wouldn't bother with this IMO. I also would use locktite. There is no where it can go.
Appreciate 0