F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Dealerships simply don't care?
GetBMWParts

09-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
F32
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Dealerships simply don't care?

I'm experiencing something I haven't quite yet experienced in my car-buying experience...BMW dealerships simply do not care about selling cars.

I've had nothing but great experiences with my local BMW dealership about 3 miles from my home. Since the one salesman I've worked with however has moved on to a different brand, I have had absolutely no luck "shopping" to put an order on an F32. I have tried contacting sales at four other dealerships all via phone and email. None of them are making any sort of attempt to respond back to me. None. I feel like I'm hounding them to sell me a car. I would rather drive to these locations in and communicate in person, but the next closest dealer is 45 minutes away.

What gives? Do they think I'm just jacking them off? Shit...they can Google my name and get some sort of idea.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
BMW_F30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 2013

Are you telling them you are ready to place an order sight unseen? Dealers won't get first F32's until November. Some CA's haven't even seen the car yet and don't know they can order. BMW reps have been driving F32's to dealers (typically with model designation deleted) for a showing.

Maybe the dealer CA is not understanding you are ready to order sight unseen. Or are you?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
F32
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_F30 View Post
Are you telling them you are ready to place an order sight unseen? Dealers won't get first F32's until November. Some CA's haven't even seen the car yet and don't know they can order. BMW reps have been driving F32's to dealers (typically with model designation deleted) for a showing.

Maybe the dealer CA is not understanding you are ready to order sight unseen. Or are you?
Yes. Practically everyone who has ordered 4-Series has done so sight-unseen. That's not the issue, and this is not the first car I've bought sight-unseen.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
BMW_F30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 View Post
Yes. Practically everyone who has ordered 4-Series has done so sight-unseen. That's not the issue, and this is not the first car I've bought sight-unseen.
Call you local dealer again. Ask for sales manager and tell them you've been trying to get a CA to contact you to order an F32. Ask Sales Mgr for help. He'll hook you up.

Keep in mind that CA's are often focused on selling inventory cars especially at end of model year. They have sales goals they try to attain to get bonuses.

Unfortunately your order is not on their radar screens right now. Sad, but true.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
F32
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_F30 View Post
Call you local dealer again. Ask for sales manager and tell them you've been trying to get a CA to contact you to order an F32. Ask Sales Mgr for help. He'll hook you up.
Wow...that never crossed my mind. Thanks for the input.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #6
The J-Man
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I'm experiencing something I haven't quite yet experienced in my car-buying experience...BMW dealerships simply do not care about selling cars.

I've had nothing but great experiences with my local BMW dealership about 3 miles from my home. Since the one salesman I've worked with however has moved on to a different brand, I have had absolutely no luck "shopping" to put an order on an F32. I have tried contacting sales at four other dealerships all via phone and email. None of them are making any sort of attempt to respond back to me. None. I feel like I'm hounding them to sell me a car. I would rather drive to these locations in and communicate in person, but the next closest dealer is 45 minutes away.

What gives? Do they think I'm just jacking them off? Shit...they can Google my name and get some sort of idea.
I recently had the same experience. I must have contacted 8 dealerships. Most did not respond. The ones that did respond rejected my offer and did not propose a counteroffer. They basically said "Can't accept your offer, goodbye." My offer was pretty generous too. I bought my last new BMW in 2010 for $500 over invoice, no negotiations necessary. It's really shocking how the majority of the BMW lineup is getting worse, but yet sales are through the roof. I miss the good old days of cheap deals and hydraulic steering.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
I recently had the same experience. I must have contacted 8 dealerships. Most did not respond. The ones that did respond rejected my offer and did not propose a counteroffer. They basically said "Can't accept your offer, goodbye." My offer was pretty generous too. I bought my last new BMW in 2010 for $500 over invoice, no negotiations necessary. It's really shocking how the majority of the BMW lineup is getting worse, but yet sales are through the roof. I miss the good old days of cheap deals and hydraulic steering.
You can still get $300 to $500 over invoice, and buy rate for a lease. Definitely on the F30s. I would imagine even on the F32s there is plenty of good pricing available. I have read people say $500 over invoice for the not yet publically released F32, right here on bimmerpost.

Guess it varies a lot region to region. Here in SoCal there is a lot of competition and the prices are great if you are an informed buyer having done the homework. I am sure here too there are lots of dealers who would not accept your offer.

Some dealers here sell nation wide. PM me if interested

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #8
328AL
Lieutenant
Belarus
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 Loaded

Quote:

Wow, 2nd person from SF this week along is having the same experience, what is going down there?
Looks like a happy end here.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=719266
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #9
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

OP I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time with your local dealers. We would love to help you out in anyway we can and also have a shot at your business.

Feel free to shoot David an email at bmwdavid@icloud.com and he can get you set up with whatever you need. I am also always available via PM to help along the way as well (unless I am sleeping )

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #10
F32
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
OP I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time with your local dealers. We would love to help you out in anyway we can and also have a shot at your business.

Feel free to shoot David an email at bmwdavid@icloud.com and he can get you set up with whatever you need. I am also always available via PM to help along the way as well (unless I am sleeping )
I have. David is one of the four.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #11
GOLFFRR
Rep

Really? Doesn't sound like him at all. PLease pm me the details and I will address them first hand.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #12
F32
Banned
Rep

[QUOTE=328AL;14621354]Wow, 2nd person from SF this week along is having the same experience, what is going down there?
Looks like a happy end here.

Interesting. Two of the dealerships of the four I've contacted are on his list as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #13
kalib0y
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 LS1 M3

call and talk to the sales manager or just go to another dealer. I always let the sales person know that I enjoy working with motivated people, which it seems Steve Thomas has
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #14
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^Thank you, the forum members are always David's first priority.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #15
riimiX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe

Quote:
I have. David is one of the four.
same here. i had asked david to be competitive with another dealerships price and he asked me if my intention was to deal with you guys and i said yes and asked more questions on how we would go about it since im out of state. never received a response back.

wound up going with a local dealership.

OP, i also experienced about half the dealerships not giving a sh*t about responding to my inquiries.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^Well to David defense he responded back to OP with a quote on the first email but OP had asked for some other options to be added in and David wasn't able to get back in time before the dealership closed last night. He did shoot OP a response however as soon as he got in.

There is only so much time in a day and there is only so much a person can do. Rest assure David puts 100% into each day when it comes to responding to emails etc.. however sometimes it does take more time to get back to everyone.

In the future if you have any delay please feel free to PM me anytime and I will get a hold of David and find out what the status is and let you. Sorry we were unable to get back to you fast enough, if there is anything else I can do please let me know

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #17
F32
Banned
Rep

Just an update...Dave got back to me with the quote(s).
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #18
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^dance: thank you for your patience! Sorry again for the slight delay.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #19
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
^^Well to David defense he responded back to OP with a quote on the first email but OP had asked for some other options to be added in and David wasn't able to get back in time before the dealership closed last night. He did shoot OP a response however as soon as he got in.

There is only so much time in a day and there is only so much a person can do. Rest assure David puts 100% into each day when it comes to responding to emails etc.. however sometimes it does take more time to get back to everyone.

In the future if you have any delay please feel free to PM me anytime and I will get a hold of David and find out what the status is and let you. Sorry we were unable to get back to you fast enough, if there is anything else I can do please let me know
I've had the pleasure of speaking with David the last few days. I've never seen anyone respond back so quickly. I had to wait for a day for my lease quote, but he let me know and it was also due to the new rates for the month being pushed out. I look forward to working with him once I convince my wife that it's okay to work with an out of state dealership.
      09-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
BMWDavid
United_States
Rep
Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
No worries. I have corresponded with the OP and provided the request and a follow up one. We're all good. Sometimes delays occur with quotes because the new program hasn't been released. The quote request came in over the weekend and the new program was introduced on the 4th. We do our best to provide the information/ quotes as quickly as we can. I also understand how eager everyone is to get into their new BMW I am running mock lease scenarios for an M4 that won't have a BMW FS program for at least a year because my lease is up in July. I am enthusiast first in case you already didn't know lol. But thanks again for bringing this to our attention. The only outcome with GOLFFRR and I serving the community together is even better customer service!
      09-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #21
AshDrivesMs
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

I also live in SF and am having the same issues trying to order a 428i for my sister. I've contacted multiple dealers and most haven't got back to me, and the couple that have, aren't offering what I would call reasonable deals. It's pretty annoying because I'm ready to order and place a deposit.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #22
F32
Banned
Rep

David, aplogies for the initial tone being on the negative side. I hope you understand the frustration that others are going through as well in the SF region.
Appreciate 0