E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rant-life without my 3

10-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Rant-life without my 3

:sad0147:Ok so here's a short background on the problems with my car-

currently at dealer for-

2nd red brake lamp warning light on
rough idle
2 limp modes
eating a bit much oil
loud ticking sound from engine

*sigh* it's been two weeks and the dealer says they are going to have it for another two more weeks due to a part back order. I know the part order isn't there fault but they refuse to pull the necessary part from a stock unit.

I've already been offered a lease payment but I honestly would rather have my car. Geez I've only had the car for a month and now it's going to be down the second month of ownership.

I don't want to lemon the car beings as this is the only car I want at the moment and I definitely don't want to go through the long ordeal of ordering a new one.

Anyways now that I have a lease payment coming my way I probably may be going for a set of csl reps...I was thinking about proceed v2 but I'm happy with the power the way it is. On top of everything else I have h & r springs and sways waiting to get put on, but they cant yet.

Estimated return of car 10/23

I feel like this right now ---->

/rant
      10-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #2
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

another 2 weeks.. wow!

lemon it! the amount of time you spend waiting and risk of any future problems like this would probably be comparable to the production wait of a new car? sounds logical to me but maybe someone else with previous issues can chime in
      10-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

If something else does go wrong, I will lemon it....just not quite yet
      10-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #4
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
If something else does go wrong, I will lemon it....just not quite yet
Do you have a "quota" for the amount of things that need to go wrong before you lemon it? If the dealer is offering you a lease payment, that means you might NOT get your car back on that date. They are just trying to cover their bets.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 02:23 PM   #5
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
Do you have a "quota" for the amount of things that need to go wrong before you lemon it? If the dealer is offering you a lease payment, that means you might NOT get your car back on that date. They are just trying to cover their bets.
True, I may not get it back that day, but I'm not going lemon it over this. It just doesn't feel like a strong enough case. Plus I've only had this car for a month and a half. I wouldn't really get anything in return except for my first months payment and down payment. Which equals 2k. I'll wait awhile, if problems come back then yes I will demand a lemon
      10-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #6
chazzz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Chrysler 300S

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #7
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

No, when life hands you lemons...throw them at people
      10-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #8
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
No, when life hands you lemons...throw them at people
LOL then the dealer will just throwing you lemons until you make some lemonade!
      10-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Ticking noises aren't all that uncommon out of BMW 6's, it's actually pretty normal though usually only occurs later in life. Also, it's a turbocharged car, it's supposed to eat a fair amount of oil. A quart every few thousand miles isn't that bad. For the rest though, I can't believe you have that many problems, yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
what happened to iced tea? lol. i mean, im sure you can find some lipton tea bags lying around somehwere, and just put it in some water with the lemons. that shit would be off the chainsssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
      10-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #11
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Thanks for this post, makes me want to wait for the 135i a bit longer...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #12
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

I don't know if this qualifies as a lemon. There are a set of criteria that must be met.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #13
flicks28
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i; 2006 325i

Quote:
:sad0147:Ok so here's a short background on the problems with my car-

currently at dealer for-

2nd red brake lamp warning light on
rough idle
2 limp modes
eating a bit much oil
loud ticking sound from engine

*sigh* it's been two weeks and the dealer says they are going to have it for another two more weeks due to a part back order. I know the part order isn't there fault but they refuse to pull the necessary part from a stock unit.

I've already been offered a lease payment but I honestly would rather have my car. Geez I've only had the car for a month and now it's going to be down the second month of ownership.

I don't want to lemon the car beings as this is the only car I want at the moment and I definitely don't want to go through the long ordeal of ordering a new one.

Anyways now that I have a lease payment coming my way I probably may be going for a set of csl reps...I was thinking about proceed v2 but I'm happy with the power the way it is. On top of everything else I have h & r springs and sways waiting to get put on, but they cant yet.

Estimated return of car 10/23

I feel like this right now ---->

/rant
Post the results of your ticking. If its the metallic ticking sound, it IS NOT normal. Theres a sticly over on the DIY, Maint area here with about 26000 page views. Ive been posting on my ticking sound since Feb and just in the last month, my car ticks every day. Its going in on my next oil change in a few weeks. But most people have had the lifters replaced and cam shaft, or just completely lemoned their car. I hear there is a new head BMW redesigned since the lifters arent getting enough oil. Anyway, let us know.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 10:37 PM   #14
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

I would just lemon it after 30 days in shop its a lemon correct? If you have all these problems now whats in the future? Or if you don't want to go threw that try and get two lease payments or something more then a payment. If they are offereing you a payment theres always more to be had.

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #15
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

Usually 30 is in order for a lemon, but like I said I just got the car so I have nothing to gain from lemoning the car except being without a car for a while. If more problems arise then yes I will lemon the sucker. Until then I will demand a second lease payment if necessary.
      10-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #16
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicks28 View Post
Post the results of your ticking. If its the metallic ticking sound, it IS NOT normal. Theres a sticly over on the DIY, Maint area here with about 26000 page views. Ive been posting on my ticking sound since Feb and just in the last month, my car ticks every day. Its going in on my next oil change in a few weeks. But most people have had the lifters replaced and cam shaft, or just completely lemoned their car. I hear there is a new head BMW redesigned since the lifters arent getting enough oil. Anyway, let us know.
My 330i just recently developed a tick, but it's intermittent. Looks like I need to check out that page you suggested.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #17
flicks28
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i; 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
My 330i just recently developed a tick, but it's intermittent. Looks like I need to check out that page you suggested.
Its in the DYI + Maint + Servicing section. Its a sticky. Alot of good info in that thread.
Appreciate 0