E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Fuel Injector Failure:Kudos to Pleasanton BMW

10-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
jimmy335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335 Coupe

Garage List
2007 335 Coupe  [0.00]
Fuel Injector Failure:Kudos to Pleasanton BMW

07 335 coupe with 15,000 miles amd driving along the freeway when I lost power, got the engine warning light etc. I assumed fuel pump.

I was able to limp to the closet dealer and then had it towed to selling dealer; they just called to advise it was the injector. They tell me it was the first they have seen. It took two days to get one but I am back on the road tomorrow.

As an aside, the first dealer was Concord (Nor Cal) BMW while Service Department was still open. they had no interest in helping me, wouldnt offer a loaner car and when I asked if it would be different if I bought the car from them, the Service Advisor said yes. I called BMW from the driveway and asked to be towed to selling dealer in Pleasanton which BMW agreed to do.

While I was waiting for the tow truck in their driveway another Service Advisor approached me and said he thought what I had been told was wrong and he would take care of me if I called off the truck. I told him no thanks and that when it comes time to buy a car in the future they had lost a customer.

I am not sure what BMW "policy" is towards loaner cars. (warranty repair of course)

Pleasanton was great; they had a car waiting for me and really were very professional and helpful in everything they did.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
AW09M3
1addict, and proud
Rep
Drives: M3

Yea, Concord BMW pales in comparison to Pleasanton (East Bay BMW). Glad your problem is resolved
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 02:16 AM   #3
Safety2213
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i Manual M-Sport

I bought my car at East Bay BMW - they gave me the best price and were very professional. I would always go there if they weren't so far away. I get all my service done at Alison BMW and they have been great. Even pulled a fuel pump out of a new car for me and BEST OF ALL - got me an oil cooler retrofit even though I didn't have the sports package and gave me a loaner or rental each service. Anyway, in the Bay Area, SF BMW, Concord and Peter Pan the absolute worst. I have had 6 BMW's so I have a lot of experience with Bay Area Dealers - Sonnen in Marin Co, East Bay BMW and Weatherford are the best.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 08:23 AM   #4
Grumpa72
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

From my perspective as a new owner, I wonder what the repurcussions would be if you wrote a "nasty-gram" to BMW and complained to them about the SA by name!

Gary
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #5
AHY
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, e70 3.0 m-sport

East Bay is great! I only waited a day for my pump. Concord tried to screw me over after I backed out of a 330i(I knew there was a 335i coming). Their CA's (internet included) are a-holes.
Appreciate 0