E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New Product: HP Autosport || Ultimate Clutch Pedal

Closed Thread

10-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

New Product: HP Autosport || Ultimate Clutch Pedal

…a must for all modern “Sporty-Driven” (manual) BMWs.

The “Ultimate Clutch Pedal” is a short-throw clutch pedal made of billet aluminum and 6061 aluminum tube.

It fits all LHD manual BMW 3-series cars 2007 and up. Includes (E90/92 and up including F-models) along with all manual 1-series cars and X1 chassis.

“Slop” is completely eliminated by the use of precision maintenance-free bronze bushings and stiff billet CNC-design pivot block.

Feel is greatly increased due to the elimination of all plastic and flex in the pedal system.

The slightly shorter throw makes for quicker shifting and a more positive feel.

Lower pedal resting location (15mm lower) lines up pedal better when braking and requires less “leg-lift” from the dead-pedal.

The over-center spring is user adjustable with 3 settings (Stock - Sport - Race).

Includes adjustable clutch stop that allows user to fine-tune the pedal travel distance and carpet clearance.

Satin tumbled surface is then finished in anodized black.

Pedal pad shape is compatible with OEM rubber or any after-market pedal pad kit.

Easy end-user installation requires no alterations to the car and no special tools.

Race-proven performance – positive feedback… Tested by amateur and professional racers.
Attached Images

Last edited by HP Autosport; 10-11-2013 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
blisstik
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92

Price? GB coming?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisstik View Post
Price? GB coming?
There will not be a GB, but rather an introductory price. Have a look here:

http://www.hpashop.com/Ultimate-Clutch-Pedal-UCP.htm
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

well i just bought it lol...ive been waiting for something like this for a while lol...wish there was just a way to replace the bushing so it wouldnt cost me so much but bought it anyway lol.

thanks and hope this works as advertised...would be very disappointed if i get any kind of slop since it is advertised without any =).
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
well i just bought it lol...ive been waiting for something like this for a while lol...wish there was just a way to replace the bushing so it wouldnt cost me so much but bought it anyway lol.

thanks and hope this works as advertised...would be very disappointed if i get any kind of slop since it is advertised without any =).
I have had this clutch pedal on my 1M for about 3 weeks now and love it!

Test driving customers car now make me realize how deficient the stock pedal really is.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
I have had this clutch pedal on my 1M for about 3 weeks now and love it!

Test driving customers car now make me realize how deficient the stock pedal really is.
oh yeah of course man...i drove a buddys 911 turbo and i was like wtf...whats wrong with my pedal and he drove mine also and he was like wtf is wrong with my pedal lol.

there is just so much slop left to right front to back...every which way the whole thing just sucks lol. what is the reasoning behind all this slop...why would bmw want it like that? even when i had my e46 m3 it was like that.

911 turbo was straight foward and back...no movement any other way...was the best feeling ive ever had so if it is anything like that im going to be extremely happy
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
jayzF30
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '09 M3

I never really felt any slop left to right. Sometimes though it feels like pedal is sticking on release near the top. Why would that be, other than possibly carpet?
      10-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazze90 View Post
I never really felt any slop left to right. Sometimes though it feels like pedal is sticking on release near the top. Why would that be, other than possibly carpet?
trust me...you dont feel it because you havent driven anything without slop thats why.

trust me there is way too much slop
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
oh yeah of course man...i drove a buddys 911 turbo and i was like wtf...whats wrong with my pedal and he drove mine also and he was like wtf is wrong with my pedal lol.

there is just so much slop left to right front to back...every which way the whole thing just sucks lol. what is the reasoning behind all this slop...why would bmw want it like that? even when i had my e46 m3 it was like that.

911 turbo was straight foward and back...no movement any other way...was the best feeling ive ever had so if it is anything like that im going to be extremely happy
Well, it's much cheaper to use plastic bushings(since the E36 era) and not have to redesign it.

If anyone here owned an E36/46/39 and have upgraded just the clutch pedal bushings to delrin, he/she knows what a difference a simple bushing change will make.

This pedal will take away all the "slop" and give you a positive pedal feel. The change in geometry will also be welcomed to the sporty drivers and those left foot brake.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #10
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well, it's much cheaper to use plastic bushings(since the E36 era) and not have to redesign it.

If anyone here owned an E36/46/39 and have upgraded just the clutch pedal bushings to delrin, he/she knows what a difference a simple bushing change will make.

This pedal will take away all the "slop" and give you a positive pedal feel. The change in geometry will also be welcomed to the sporty drivers and those left foot brake.
i dont left foot brake so hopefully i still like it...how come you dont offer just a delrin bushing replacement for this? or maybe solid aluminum
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i dont left foot brake so hopefully i still like it...how come you dont offer just a delrin bushing replacement for this? or maybe solid aluminum
Broze bushing is self-lubricating and will last a nearly forever. It's better suited for this application.

With bushings only, there is no improved geometry, pedal position or a fix for the flex in the composite pedal itself.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #12
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Broze bushing is self-lubricating and will last a nearly forever. It's better suited for this application.

With bushings only, there is no improved geometry, pedal position or a fix for the flex in the composite pedal itself.
alright well i already bought it so no use really asking for something else lol...hope its worth the money...hate all the money that ive drained into this damn car lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Please consider offering a RHD option

It's a long shot but I just have to ask. I hope there is sufficient future demand for you to consider RHD applications (Australia, UK, New Zealand and almost all of Asia). I'd have bought one today if you offered it!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #14
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Another sweet product! You have to much stuff I want!
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #15
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
alright well i already bought it so no use really asking for something else lol...hope its worth the money...hate all the money that ive drained into this damn car lol.
If there are products out there as must-have's, this is one of them. And to be honest, BMW should have made it this way from the factory. BMW should have learned on the number of complaints back on the E36 and E46 era with noisy clutch pedals. Back then the dealers would replace the flimsy plastic bushings again and again just to have the noise return again. The sloppy clutch pedal was so bad most if not all E36 and E46 cars, the after clutch stops had to be made twice as larger in diameter so the pedal does not miss it! lol Just do a search for E36 or E46 clutch stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH_335 View Post
It's a long shot but I just have to ask. I hope there is sufficient future demand for you to consider RHD applications (Australia, UK, New Zealand and almost all of Asia). I'd have bought one today if you offered it!
There is no RHD vehicle in the USA for such R&D.

This product went through a good 6+ month of R&D and testing on a half dozen cars on the street and race tracks before its official release. It's just not possible in the near future, but may be something we can look into down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976 View Post
Another sweet product! You have to much stuff I want!
All we need to do is get you out of your AT and into a 6 MT car!

Last edited by HP Autosport; 10-10-2013 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #16
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Quote:
There is no RHD vehicle in the USA for such R&D.
I kinda knew that but I thought it was worth asking. Looks a great quality product I have to say; and good luck with it!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #17
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

I once saw a picture of the side-by-side comparison between this pedal and the OEM pedal, can you add that to the post?

Also, is the return spring aftermarket, or is it OEM?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #18
NudeLobster
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 PBM 335i E90 w/ sports

What are the chances of you guys R&D'ing a full brake and clutch pedal assembly? I see in the picture the nice new clutch pedal installed with the plastic OEM brake pedal too. It would be sweet it yall could make both. Or even a new electronic throttle pedal as well. /pipdreams

Anyways, I want.
-Justin
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #19
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudeLobster View Post
I see in the picture the nice new clutch pedal installed with the plastic OEM brake pedal too.
Pretty sure that the brake pedal is all metal per federal safety requirements.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #20
NudeLobster
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 PBM 335i E90 w/ sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post
Pretty sure that the brake pedal is all metal per federal safety requirements.
That would make sense. In the picture the brake pedal looks like a semi-shiney plastic finish. I wouldn't doubt that law though.

-Justin
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #21
fl335i
Captain
United_States
Rep

We shouldn't have to be doing all these corrective mods to a $45k+ car. This is BS. I love BMW, but they really need to address some items. It's the complete package, well rounded, that makes things nice. F'n bs... BMW is the German GM.
'07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, Macht Schnell Downpipes, 18" Staggered 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Dinan Oil Cooler, Dinan Intercooler, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Blend V1 mount, Llumar ATR Tint.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #22
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl335i View Post
We shouldn't have to be doing all these corrective mods to a $45k+ car. This is BS. I love BMW, but they really need to address some items. It's the complete package, well rounded, that makes things nice. F'n bs... BMW is the German GM.
Have you had a problem with your clutch pedal?

Neil
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread