F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > I LOVE MY CA too...
ARMA SPEED

10-11-2013, 02:04 AM   #1
Stitchy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i

Talking I LOVE MY CA too...

Hi guys,

I am about to take delivery on my new 2014 328xi. Very excited! However, I recently spoke to my C.A. about the available "First and Goal" option credit. It states as follows...

"The up to $2,000 credit is applied against MSRP of final purchase, not title, tax or destination. Credit allowance varies by model, through 10/31/13. Credit of $750 available on 2014 3 Series Sedans, 3 Series Gran Turismos, 3 Series Sports Wagons, X1 and X3 models."

It would seem to me and any reasonable person that I would be eligible for this, as I am indeed ordering a 2014 3 series sedan. However, My C.A. has stated that I am not eligible and that if I wanted to participate in this I would have to reorder the exact same car... lol which makes no sense to me at all! Seems like this C.A. or dealership just wants to make a little more $

Now, can a dealership actually deny the option credit or not participate in a BMW event?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #2
328AL
Lieutenant
Belarus
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 Loaded

Get a new CA, or better yet, talk directly to a manager; save yourself headache and money.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
mntbiker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Sounds completely bogus to me. I would try to find out from your CA exactly why you're 'not eligible'. Also, when this has happened to me in the past, I just give BMWFS a call for the official word. Usually it only takes 5 minutes and then you can go back to your CA and say "well i just got off the phone with BMWFS... maybe you should give them a call, too "

I had to call a dealer out on a few things before and they talked to BMWFS and called me back to apologize for being wrong. Maybe it was an accident, or maybe they were trying to intentionally lie to me.. who knows.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
BMWMico
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 30e

Build-out credit is considered dealer cash, which means that dealers don't have to give it to the customer (unlike rebates).

Calling BMWFS will not help, because again - they can't tell a dealer how much to sell the car for.

Now, him saying that you have to order another car is just bluffing. He is hoping that you will not order another car, and you will take the one you ordered at the agreed price.

The question is what was your agreement, and whether you want to stick to your agreement, or you feel that you should renegotiate. Their profit just went up by $750, if they give it to you - they are exactly where they were before.

Bottom line: they don't have to give it to you, especially if you already agreed to the price. What definitely paints your CA in a bad light is lying.

Your call. You can walk away and order with another dealer, proceed with the order as agreed, or agree to proceed with your order if they lower the price by $750.
Appreciate 0