E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Anyone dealt with a Lemon? or BMW NA

01-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #1
Zuluaga
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 6 speed

Anyone dealt with a Lemon? or BMW NA

Hi and thanks for reading.

My best friend has a 2012 leased 550 that has been cursed from day 1. The car goes into limp mode all the time and the dash says transmission issue. When I say limp mode- its not the regular "drive lightly" oh no.. the car starts sputtering and it feels like you're riding a wild bull. He has taken it in more than 5 times through out the time he has had it and the same problem keeps re-ocurring. He wants nothing to do with BMW now, so wanting to try and return it, but unsure of how the process works. He mentioned it to the dealer and they said to contact BMW of North America.... so has anyone dealt with this? and is it feaseable for them to take the lease back and just come out clean?

thanks,
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
DF
Major
Rep
Drives: F23

Its feasible. It has to meet a certain criteria and I think he met it. He should contact BMW NA. Too bad this soured him on the brand.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #3
Zuluaga
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 6 speed

have you heard of anyone getting this resolved in a timely manner? or is it a "get a lawyer and wait" type of deal.

He really wants to get out of it like now. I totally sympathize since hes paying a pretty penny for that car and I wouldn't even want to drive it on a trip in fear of getting stranded; knowing the vehicles history.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
DF
Major
Rep
Drives: F23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuluaga View Post
have you heard of anyone getting this resolved in a timely manner? or is it a "get a lawyer and wait" type of deal.

He really wants to get out of it like now. I totally sympathize since hes paying a pretty penny for that car and I wouldn't even want to drive it on a trip in fear of getting stranded; knowing the vehicles history.
It does get resolved in a timely manner but its not like its going to happen tomorrow. If he works with BMW NA it should be fine. I have never done it but if you google search it you can find some threads on various BMW forums. Use a chassis number like E92 or something to get to an enthusiast site.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #5
cptcrunch
Captain Crunch
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Call BMWNA and tell them you are having lots of problems with the car and are considering pursing the lemon law for his state. Most likely they will try to not lemon the car, since that counts against them, but get him into a new car or give him his money back. Should not need to involve a lawyer
Appreciate 0