F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Pirelli Run Flat Road Hazard Warranty
proTUNING Freaks

01-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
chris4prez
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M SPT - PPE/PPK - AW

Garage List
Pirelli Run Flat Road Hazard Warranty

Has anyone US based had experience with the Pirelli Run Flat Road Hazard Warranty? Have not even had my F30 for 1 Month / 500 miles and the front passenger tires has taken a piece of metal. Want to know if dealer made the warranty claim easy or gave you the run around. Looking to go in Monday morning and hope for the best.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
chris4prez
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So after about an hour of investigation and a phone call to Pirelli from the dealership, they were finally willing to take the warranty. It appears everyone had no clue and I had to educate them all.

If it helps anyone else Pirelli let the dealer know to just process the order via "DealerTire".

Woohoo for saving $$$!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
nilfinite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 & E89 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4prez View Post
So after about an hour of investigation and a phone call to Pirelli from the dealership, they were finally willing to take the warranty. It appears everyone had no clue and I had to educate them all.

If it helps anyone else Pirelli let the dealer know to just process the order via "DealerTire".

Woohoo for saving $$$!
Chris, thanks so much for positing this information. I just so happened to have gotten a screw in my Pirellis!

Could you provide more info on how you were able to get them replaced? Thanks in advance. I would love to be able to go to the dealership with instructions for them prepared.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
chris4prez
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilfinite View Post
Chris, thanks so much for positing this information. I just so happened to have gotten a screw in my Pirellis!

Could you provide more info on how you were able to get them replaced? Thanks in advance. I would love to be able to go to the dealership with instructions for them prepared.
Go to pirelli.com and print out the warrenty info to be able to bring them.

Here is the verbatim from the Pirelli site:
"If a Run Flat tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or material irregularities or road hazard injury during the initial warranty period, the tire will be replaced to the owner at no charge. The initial warranty period lasts one year from the date of original retail purchase (purchase receipt required) or within the first 2/32" of original tread, whichever occurs first. After the initial warranty period, if a Run Flat tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship and material irregularities or road hazard injury, the owner must pay the cost for a comparable new Pirelli brand or PTNA private brand replacement tire on a pro-rated basis. An authorized Pirelli dealer will determine the cost by multiplying the percentage of the original usable tread worn by the current dealer selling price. The owner will be responsible for any associated service charges, including mounting and balancing of the tire. A tire has delivered its original usable tread and is considered 100% worn when the treadwear indicators (2/32" tread remaining) become visible regardless of age or mileage. Run Flat tires have the same mileage warranty as the standard tire line they are part of, up to a maximum of 30,000 miles."
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 07:20 AM   #5
vrrooom
SES
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: 335ix'09,X3'11&911TCab

Garage List
2009 335ix  [0.00]
1987 Turbo Cab  [0.00]
2011 X3 3.5  [0.00]
Go to a Pirelli dealer

Do not go to a BMW dealer, they will stone wall you on the road hazard warranty, as they would like to sell you a $400 tire. Pirelli dealers are familiar with the warranty, and cheerfully replace the tire. Note this is also true for Bridgestone tires.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 09:02 AM   #6
chris4prez
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
@vrrooom you must have a not so great dealer. I had no issues after bringing this to the attention of the dealer. They had to look into it but did not hassle me or try to deny me the warranty to make buck.
Appreciate 0