E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 335i going to E46 ///M3...

11-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
///AFRO
Stage 1 Juice Box - Boosted'
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 07 AW E92-335i TT

E92 335i going to E46 ///M3...

Guys, I have decided to pickup an 06 ZCP IB ///M3 or AW ///M3 (Used). I have a 335i with minor mods. My car is a 3 year lease, but im going to return it way way sooner then that. I have an 07 E92 335i, I love it despit all the problems , and would like to see what it can do with alot of Boost

The 335i has great potential and is worth the money, but its not a TRUE sports car, its just a regular 3 series with Twin Turbo's, that's all. Some people tell me "Bro, just add some coilovers and rims and your good bro, you'll have a sick 3 series." That's not it. I dont believe in a 335i being a track car.

The E46 ///M3 is an M and no can live up to its expectation and reputation. Its a more RAW car and more of a track car. I have always loved M3's, Since I was a kid, I have always had a passion for them.

I have Juice Box 1 and im selling it, BRAND NEW http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93884

Im 18 and have an okay job, I pay half of my monthly payment. I am deticated in being an M owner. I plan on saving as much money as possible and Supercharging my M3 when I get the chance. It's going to be long and tough, but im am so dedicated.

My 335i has had many problems, I can even Lemon my car right now. My car has turned off on me 3 times, my car has had 2 internal computer glitches and a bent axel. My 335i had less then 5,000 miles on it when the "Brake Pad chane" sign poped out, my car told me that my brake pads needed to be changed after only 5,000 miles?

My car has also had numerous signal waring of oil temperature, even thought it was normal temperature.

I plan on making the M3 a track car and a daily driver with the SC kit, I also have to find a better job lol. I just wanted to let you guys now and what you guys think...

All comments are welcommed....

2007 335i -Coupe Alpine White
Mods: JB1 | Exposed Intercooler | Black Grills/Emblems | Golf-Tee Mod | Reflectors | 35% Tints
Next: Aero-Lip | H&R Race Srings | Dual Cone Intake | Straight-Pipes
Soon: 2006 ///M3 Coupe Imola Red - [CSL Project]
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Save your money and buy a GT3 as a track car with the interest once you're out of school for a bit. I'm always amazed how people don't seem to realize that for BMW money now they could have a Porsche down the road if they only wait a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
///AFRO
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Save your money and buy a GT3 as a track car with the interest once you're out of school for a bit. I'm always amazed how people don't seem to realize that for BMW money now they could have a Porsche down the road if they only wait a bit.
True. But, M's are M's and GT3's are GT3's. Its all about the passion and feel about the car. I would honestly take the M over the GT3 for everyday. But if I was only talking about track, GT3 baby, allll dayyyy!

Mods: JB1 | Exposed Intercooler | Black Grills/Emblems | Golf-Tee Mod | Reflectors | 35% Tints
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AFRO View Post
True. But, M's are M's and GT3's are GT3's. Its all about the passion and feel about the car. I would honestly take the M over the GT3 for everyday. But if I was only talking about track, GT3 baby, allll dayyyy!
GT3 is perfectly drivable every day on the street, GT3 RS is the track car. GT3 | M3 and GT3 RS | M3 CSL

Quote:
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
Buffalo_Bush
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

are the certified pre-owned? you might want to check into that. but other wise i say go for it. i love them. there are so many sick mods for them to.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
///AFRO
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bush View Post
are the certified pre-owned? you might want to check into that. but other wise i say go for it. i love them. there are so many sick mods for them to.
Yes sir, The moding is endless for the M3. I am going to check into that for sure, its the most important thing.

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Plymouth Volare

you sound like a spoiled little kid. you cant even afford to pay your monthly car payment and you're talking about losing a shitload of your parent's money just so you can have your M. sorry but you need a spanking.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #8
///AFRO
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroday View Post
you sound like a spoiled little kid. you cant even afford to pay your monthly car payment and you're talking about losing a shitload of your parent's money just so you can have your M. sorry but you need a spanking.
Yes I do. by the time give my 3er back in 2 years instead of 3. I will be 20 years old and in college with (hopfully a nice job).

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:26 PM   #9
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yes I do. by the time give my 3er back in 2 years instead of 3. I will be 20 years old and in college with (hopfully a nice job).
Nice job + college = false.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #10
///AFRO
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
It depends, I mean im not going to in be in class 7 days a week? When I mean nice job, I mean a job better then the one I have now.

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:34 PM   #11
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude

goodluck

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #12
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
It depends, I mean im not going to in be in class 7 days a week? When I mean nice job, I mean a job better then the one I have now.
Even with a nice job as you put it, what percentage of your income would be going towards your car?

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #13
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
+1. He's probably thinking on a short term. I'm 22..I have a lot of friends that are around my age, 22-23 who drive CLS55, E63, M5, M6, 997's, etc. while making only $45-55,000 a year. What they make basically go into their car payments and mods. And this is with a bachelor degree.

To the OP, why would you care to have a track car if you don't even know how to drive stick? From the posts I see you make, it seems as if you just race in a straight line on highways...with the 'raped' cars on your signature before. Not like you take it to Willow Springs or any real course.

I'd love to have a new BMW regardless of what model it is at your age, I didn't even get my first car, which was a beater, until my first year of college.

Not to sound like a father figure, but maybe you should think on a long term basis..ie tuition fees, books, possibly grad school. Buying a car and modding a car is generally a very bad investment, especially if you buy a new car and sell it within a year or two.

Also you complain that you have a lot of problems with your 335i...don't you think you will have the same amount of problems..if not more with the m3 when you supercharge it? Just remember this...you have to pay to play..the more you do to the car, the more likely that something will break.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #14
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
You might only be 18 but you are wise beyond your years. Going to the E46 M3 is a good move and something you wont regret. Let all these guys with their "Proceeded" 335is say what they will but The E46 M3 is the true KOTR. Flame away
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #15
///AFRO
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
+1. He's probably thinking on a short term. I'm 22..I have a lot of friends that are around my age, 22-23 who drive CLS55, E63, M5, M6, 997's, etc. while making only $45-55,000 a year. What they make basically go into their car payments and mods. And this is with a bachelor degree.

To the OP, why would you care to have a track car if you don't even know how to drive stick? From the posts I see you make, it seems as if you just race in a straight line on highways...with the 'raped' cars on your signature before. Not like you take it to Willow Springs or any real course.

I'd love to have a new BMW regardless of what model it is at your age, I didn't even get my first car, which was a beater, until my first year of college.

Not to sound like a father figure, but maybe you should think on a long term basis..ie tuition fees, books, possibly grad school. Buying a car and modding a car is generally a very bad investment, especially if you buy a new car and sell it within a year or two.

Also you complain that you have a lot of problems with your 335i...don't you think you will have the same amount of problems..if not more with the m3 when you supercharge it? Just remember this...you have to pay to play..the more you do to the car, the more likely that something will break.
+1 much respect bro. True, I do not know how to drive stick. True, most used cars always give problems. True, its okay to be young, and hearing it from people only makes me more stronger and dedicated. Great Things need time and take, I mean don't think im going to get my M3 tamarrow or anytime soon. As far as the things I listed, I am willing to put up with problems and times put into the M, it's worth it to me. I love the car, most people around my age would die to have a 335i coupe, or even a BMW in that fact. But imgaine if they did? they would get cocky and want a V8 M3 and who know's what? I mean some people might flame me for "down grading to an E46" ? I honestly dont give a shit, I mean let people think of me whatever they want. The e46 M3 makes me happy, thats all that matters.

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #16
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 11:18 PM   #17
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

The M3 'makes you happy' ? But a beautiful 335i coupe doesn't? And you're only 18 ? That sucks. What do you have to look forward to in life if thats the case ?

You should try learning to shift a car before you start calling cars 'true sports cars'.

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #18
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

When I first got my Evo...the first real car that I modified, all I cared about was going fast, I didn't know what the consequences were for running with the big boys. I just wanted to slap on a Gt35 kit and get my power. After a year or so, it became tiresome of the problems that occurred...various CELs thrown with many different issues, clutch slipping, worrying about getting sent to the ref.

An example..from yesterday's result at the Super Street shoot out in Willow Springs, most of the cars crashed. One of the car's rear diff just crapped out all over the track. My friend blew a piston on his car. Like I said, you gotta be willing to pay to play.

I'm crossing my fingers that my 335i will be reliable for the next several years..long enough for me to finish grad school before buying a nicer car.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #19
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

What the original poster says is true. The 335i is not a true track car. It's just a regular 3 series with a twin turbo motor. But bear in mind, the 3 series car is not a -regular- car. It's a regular 3 series, but not a regular car. Personally, I don't think the 335i is that fast and it has no top end. However, I'm at the age that I want a luxo car that is pretty fast and the 335i fits the bill. My e30 M3 rattles my bones. My supra is fast, but not a luxo (I'm getting old so luxury is nice). My truck, a gmc typhoon, is quick, but is a gas guzzler. The 335i is just a perfect match for me, an older guy that wants a nice car that is fast and easy to mod.

For a kid like you, it's not going to fit you. You're too much into how you look compared to your peers. You care too much about who's faster and what your friends are driving and what the chicks think (but that's ok cuz sometimes we all do that - including myself).

For a guy who needs mom/dad to pay half his/her car, I think you should stick to something that you can afford so you can save up for a house or condo and have money left to take women out....

Gary
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #20
///AFRO
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
The M3 'makes you happy' ? But a beautiful 335i coupe doesn't? And you're only 18 ? That sucks. What do you have to look forward to in life if thats the case ?

You should try learning to shift a car before you start calling cars 'true sports cars'.

To me, honestly. If you put both of them on the track, the 335i doesnt really perform like an M. I mean an e46 m3 in couple years is going to be a rare car, not to mention the price drop in the car and mods. Its going to be the funnest thing alive. But I have to say, stock for stock 335i shits on the e46 M3 in having a good time and having a blast. But modding an e46 m3 is a completly different world, SuperCharger baby...

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #21
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
When I first got my Evo...the first real car that I modified, all I cared about was going fast, I didn't know what the consequences were for running with the big boys. I just wanted to slap on a Gt35 kit and get my power. After a year or so, it became tiresome of the problems that occurred...various CELs thrown with many different issues, clutch slipping, worrying about getting sent to the ref.

An example..from yesterday's result at the Super Street shoot out in Willow Springs, most of the cars crashed. One of the car's rear diff just crapped out all over the track. My friend blew a piston on his car. Like I said, you gotta be willing to pay to play.

I'm crossing my fingers that my 335i will be reliable for the next several years..long enough for me to finish grad school before buying a nicer car.

Yes, I agree. When I started modding my cars, it was more about going faster.. getting the most hp than tom, dick, and harry. On my eclipse, things started to break.

Now, I'm pushing my limit on how much mpg I get on my commuter car - 56mpg!! Oh how age can change a person....
Gary
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #22
///AFRO
Armenia
Rep

Age is just a number.

Appreciate 0