E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2008 E90 335XI 6MT - Montego Blue on Black - Sport Package - 105K miles

03-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
Goat Rodeo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 M3, '06 M3, '02 M3

2008 E90 335XI 6MT - Montego Blue on Black - Sport Package - 105K miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
2008 335XI E90 6spd Manual.. 105K miles.. Black leather on Walnut
Sport Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Leather
IDrive
BMW Assist, Bluetooth, Sirius
Logic7 for that Enhanced AURAL Experience whilst driving
All Options except PDC
No accident damage, clean CarFax

I don't mess around with tires..
4x BMW-spec Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 ZP 95% tread remaining - not mounted.. basically brand new tires as car came with new
4x Michelin Pilot Sport PA4 Alpin 225/40/18 - currently mounted - purchased set on TireRack immediately after purchasing car.. 10,000 highway miles, 65% treading remaining

Never smoked in and very clean - I am borderline OCD. Always dealer maintained, even I take it to the dealer now because the labor rate at BMW in Pittsburgh is cheaper than independents in DC.

This car was a 100K CPO car. It sold for $34,000 in December of 2012 with 47,000 miles. The owner before me drove it 45,000 miles in under one year till 92,000 miles, all highway between NY in Canada. He traded it into a Ford dealership - I then bought it (within a few hours of it being listed - how often do you find a 6spd 335XI -- with the sport package -- let alone in this color combo?) for a highway commute between DC and Pittsburgh for a six month consulting engagement. I was specifically looking for a high mileage car with all highway miles to add more highway miles to. It now has 105,000 miles.

When I bought it I did the following:

Walnut Blasting of Intake Valves - the real deal done at Bobby Rahal BMW
Alignment
Oil Change
Spark Plugs
Air Filter
Cabin Filter
ZHP Shift Knob
Replaced "chrome" plastic slats in front bumper with black.
Prior to that last major service under warranty was 6/14/2013.. alignment, oil change, new battery (worth $400 and good for the next 6yrs+), Inspection II.

Car is 100% stock minus ZHP shift knob.
Car appears physically to have about 30K miles. Clutch is in great shape absolutely no issues -- this car has genuine all highway miles. 6spd gearbox is best of any BMW I've ever driven (I also have 2013 E92 M3 w/ 3K miles on it) - clutch has perfect weight and box is just right.
HPFP recall was done along with all fuel injectors replaced in 2012
No wastegate rattle

I have 4 BMWs, 3 of them M3s. I don't need this car anymore and I was reimbursed for every mile driven so I am simply trying to break even - want to sell it quickly or will just sell it to CarMax. I think it is a great deal for someone like me that loves high mileage cars -- the highway miles don't age the car at all. This might be the only car never to have been tuned.. I was going to put a JB4 on it to see what all the hype was about but the winter was brutal and I was glad I only had 300hp.

Here are the issues with the car:

1. Exhaust rattle - common issue. It is minor so I have not done the mod to fix it yet.
2. Belt tensioner quiet squeaking on startup - another common issue. If I was keeping car would do tensioner and belts as part of preventative maintenance this year. I bought the serpentine belt along with the brakes and will throw that in free.
3. Car will need rear brakes soon, probably in the next 5000 miles. I bought all the parts including rotors, sensors, paste, and pads from Tischer but did not put them on yet. I can throw them in at 75% of cost.

Here is the car when I bought it:

Here is the car after first wash and no silver bumper slats:

Last edited by Goat Rodeo; 03-30-2014 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
Goat Rodeo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

BUMP super clean, no mods, best options, awesome color, 6MT 335XI, cheaper than same year 328XI.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
Goat Rodeo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

SOLD
Appreciate 0