BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) 2023 X1 Floormats

12-12-2023, 11:48 AM   #23
SeaSkiAndMe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilver.X1 View Post
what? no roof rack for the skis?
I also got a trunk mat for slushy boots and skis. Around here (upper Midwest) unless using something like a Thule box on the roof rack, you don't want a "ski" rack bc your skis/bindings will be coated in salt/road grime.

I got a roof rack bc I have a special bracket that goes on it to hold my hardsided ski case (Sportube.) I'm short, so my shorter Alpine skis fit fine in trunk w seat down (which reminds me - I'll need like a plastic tarp to cover the back of the seat.) However, my Nordic skis are much longer, I don't want to drive with them poking into front row.

Hmm, I think I like that TuxMat trunk liner better than the rubberized one I got, which covers over the two side storage pockets. The one withthe net is still useable but the other is not- or rather, it is, but it will be under the mat.

I've got another story about floor mats that I'll share later...

Last edited by SeaSkiAndMe; 12-12-2023 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 11:56 AM   #24
SeaSkiAndMe
Private
United_States
Rep

Folks, I am SO glad I bought the rubber OEM mats for the front seat when taking the car home from the dealer.

Yesterday I was running around doing all sorts of errands. In and out of the car all afternoon.

It wasn't until I was getting ready for bed that, as I unzipped my boots, I noticed they had dog poop smashed into them!!!

Rinsed my driver-side mat. But then had to mop my entire house because I was walking everywhere doing holiday stuff. G R O S S

Now I understand why people take shoes off when they enter a home.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 12:07 PM   #25
timesone
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

Appreciate 1
      12-12-2023, 12:13 PM   #26
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSkiAndMe View Post
I also got a trunk mat for slushy boots and skis. Around here (upper Midwest) unless using something like a Thule box on the roof rack, you don't want a "ski" rack bc your skis/bindings will be coated in salt/road grime.
I was actually being a little sarcastic about the ski rack.... (and sad at the same time... because I can't ski.. tried it once 35 years ago and failed miserably... but strangely I'm an excellent ice skater and surfer)
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 12:21 PM   #27
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSkiAndMe View Post
Folks, I am SO glad I bought the rubber OEM mats for the front seat when taking the car home from the dealer.

Yesterday I was running around doing all sorts of errands. In and out of the car all afternoon.

It wasn't until I was getting ready for bed that, as I unzipped my boots, I noticed they had dog poop smashed into them!!!

Rinsed my driver-side mat. But then had to mop my entire house because I was walking everywhere doing holiday stuff. G R O S S

Now I understand why people take shoes off when they enter a home.

I love dogs, but I hate people who don't pick up after their dogs. I spend countless hours working on my lawn.(definitely on of the top three best-looking lawns in my subdivision) I don't mind people walking on the sidewalk next to my lawn and letting their dogs relieve themselves. It's nature and I don't complain. My sprinklers go off every morning and takes care of that. However, I do not appreciate those dog owner who deliberately refuse to pick up the dog droppings.

sorry for the rant... because some dude just did that again this morning. must be someone new in the neighborhood because I don't recognize him or the dog. What's funny(or not funny) is that on the video, I can clearly see that he looked left and right to see if anybody noticed that he wasn't picking up... seeing nobody around, he walked off. It's on my Ring camera app, so I'll have to take it up with the HOA when I get home.

so... in conclusion, I guess the all weather mat did its job to saved your X1!
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2023, 12:55 PM   #28
SeaSkiAndMe
Private
United_States
Rep

WARNING: kinda gross doggie defecation discussion below

SpaceSilver.X1 To be fair, I'm pretty sure it was my own dog's poop. She is elderly (17 yrs old) and deaf and with poor vision now. I walk her in the backyard and scoop it myself. However, in recent months, sometimes she is just walking along (not stopping to squat) and the nuggets just shoot out and we don't notice right away. I suspect in the morning walk, either that happened or I stepped in some as I was scooping the rest of it. Because she is so old, she takes some Rx medications which I mix into her food. I make a homemade dog food of rice w mixed veggies (peas, carrots, corn, green beans) cooked in chicken broth, and add a scoop of her kibble as well. Let's just say...there was some vegetable matter in the mess, so I kinda knew the origin!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 01:00 PM   #29
SeaSkiAndMe
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilver.X1 View Post
I was actually being a little sarcastic about the ski rack.... (and sad at the same time... because I can't ski.. tried it once 35 years ago and failed miserably... but strangely I'm an excellent ice skater and surfer)
I cannot ice skate. Oof, it hurts my feet so much!

I haven't surfed for years but have access to it in summer. I keep trying to convince one of my sisters to go in on a board for the beach house so we can get back to it! (My folks have a shore house in NJ.) Great surf culture on that island. I took some vid in September of guys surfing the Northern remnants of a tropical storm that was hitting the Carolinas at the time. It was wild, and as they hurled themselves over a jetty into the insane sea, I was worried about them. That is, until I saw their skill level, then no worries.

Since I fly to NJ to visit in summertime, I won't have my X1 to see if a surfboard travels well on the roof rack. Boo...

Skiing takes a LOT of practice to get even close to mastering. I learned at age 19 when my dad decided our whole family would take a week of lessons in Killington, VT over Spring Break. (Thanks, Dad!)

Multiple lessons and just spending time working on the skills is the key. I'm hardly a master but I love it so much and totally geek out on it.

I'm really excited to drive to WI for my 1st ski day of the year, probably New Year's Day bc I'm totally slammed doing stuff to get ready for the holidays for the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by SeaSkiAndMe; 12-12-2023 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 0