BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #1
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White M3

2012 Mint AW E92M3 6spd Low Mileage (2-week quick sale)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Intro:

Up for grabs is my mint 2012 E92 M3. This is a short sale, so I’ve priced it accordingly. It has been a fantastic car for my 10months of ownership, and the only reason I am looking to sell it is to get into a car that’s a bit more exotic. A poor financial move on my part, but you live life once, so my loss and your gain.

The Car:

It is a 2012 Alpine White E92 M3 with a low 20,700 miles on the odometer. It is also 6 speed manual, that came optioned with premium leather and premium wheels. Also interesting about the OEM build is it came with premium leather wrapped manual sports seats. I have not seen another one that came with premium wrapped manual sports seats that BMW offered to cut out 22lbs. This particular build and color combo is highly desired, which is why I bought it. Aside from the leather, this is as light of a E92 M3 as you can get. Check out the thread I made about when I weighed it while it was stock. It came in at 3450lbs with a half tank of fuel. Now however, it would be 33XX with the titanium Akrapovic GT4 and Akrapovic Slip-on.

I purchase this car from the original owner last summer. He did European delivery of the car and left it stock and mint. He had it listed for $51,000 with 14,500miles on it. There was a little bit of curb rash on the rear right rim (too unnoticeable to see in pics), so though the car was mint, it was not new condition, so I negotiated him down to $49,250. I then went to meet him at the bank, and he called to mention there was a small crack in the rain sensor area of the windshield. While inspecting the car, I did in fact fail to see the crack as it was not in the field of vision through the windshield. Kudos to him for being honest. So for more negotiating room, I gave Atlantas biggest BMW dealer to get the most expensive quote. To my bargaining dismay, they told me that they simply use “The Glass Guy” for windshield repair. He recommended just going with the glass guy, to avoid the dealer mark up, as that’s who they would use anyway. Kudos to him for being honest as well. So I called up the glass guy and got a quote of a little over $300. I met the car owner at the bank and he brought his quote from Safelight for $430. So he gave me the option of having it repaired or taking $430 off the negotiated price. I opted for buying the car at $48,820 and walked in the bank to make the transaction. I have not replaced it since, as it is not in the clear part of the windshield and does not affect the rain sensor. However, I will also pass that same option to the new owner with 46k replaced or $400 or at 45.6 left alone. I have all documents from the transaction if interested.

The car has absolutely no dings or dents, and looks mint in condition. The interior is literally like new, and still smells new. It has never been smoked in, nor has it ever had pets in the car. The premium bamboo beige leather does not have any scratches or cracks. The interior is as new as you can possibly find. As seen in the pictures from last month, the car had European tag on it from the euro delivery. I took it off the other week, but still have the tag if the new owner cares to hold onto it. I also have all documents IE: window sticker, Dealer maintenance/service records and VIN specific GOV. tax appraisals. The car has factory warranty, free maintenance, road side assistance and rust perforation. It should be covered until mid-late 2016, but I just called BMW to find out exactly when the warranty expires. I’ll update this post when they call me back. The last time the car went in for service/maintenance was last year by the previous owner. It had 14.2kmiles on it when he had BMW change the oil. Being that I have put only 6kmiles on it since then, it does not require another one for another 9kmiles. However, you can get a free oil change every year regardless of mileage, so I might do that soon.

Performance Parts

In the past 3k miles, I splurged on $10,000+ of top of the line performance parts. All parts were purchased new, and I still have all boxes and packaging. I am extremely meticulous with the stuff I own, so there are absolutely no scratches on any of the parts. The exhaust was for example was placed on a blanket to avoid the slightest hairline scratches from sliding it on the garage floor. Every single nut and bolt was torque’d to factory spec. Sure the stuff took twice as long to install, but I’m a firm believer in taking your time and doing it right ONE time. Due to this, there are no rattling/loose parts and everything has a factory like fit and function to it. The following list is what I paid for the parts. These are real numbers which I have receipts for. Not inflated numbers. In parentheses, I have list how many miles each component has on it and the distributor it was purchased from. I have stored all the mint condition OEM components, which will be included with the car.

Akrapovic Titanium Slip-on with titanium tips.
(Vivid Racing: $3600 shipped, 3k miles)

KW Variant 3 Coilovers
(IND distributor: $2700 shipped, 3k miles)

MS Stage II Intake
(IND distributor: $350 shipped, 2.5k miles)

MS Underdrive Pulley
(IND distributor: $300 shipped, 2k miles)

Akrapovic Titanium GT4 catless X-pipe
(IND direct: $2530 shipped, 1k miles)

BPM Stage II tune (Akrapovic GT4 specific)
(BPM direct: 920 shipped, 500 miles)

Tune Specs:

When I installed the GT4, I ran it for several hundred miles without a tune. As expected, the SES light was on from not running cats. I contacted BPM and ordered the GT4 specific tune. I got pretty much all the standard options, SES light removal, speed limiter removal etc. I only requested two specific things. One was the rev limit. I did not want to spin to 8600, but I did not want to spin to 8500, so I opted to pick the middle ground option and go with 8550rpm. The second thing I requested was to not remove cold start-up. Most would, but frankly the house shaking upon startup puts a grin on my face. Sounds ridiculously good and menacing. You can always have BPM update the tune with cold start removal if that’s not your thing, or you don’t want to wake the neighbors. The tune itself is absolutely fantastic. It literally runs and drives like a bone stock factory car. Smooth as eggs, and even more power. Mike at BPM really knows his stuff, and I’m very impressed in his knowledge and skillset. I did a scan for codes the other week, to make sure everything is still running as it should. It came back clear as day. Before I forget, the tune is calibrated for 93pump. Something to consider if you don’t have that where you live. Though like any calibration, it can be changed to 91 with a simple email or call to BPM. I doubt its free to change, but I can imagine it would be more than a few hundred bucks.

Power

This particular car is running exceptionally strong. Pulling higher than average dynos numbers. Earlier this year, I went to dyno right after installing the GT4 x-pipe. I was still on the OEM ecu. My buddy that is on here, dyno’ed his a few days earlier on the same dyno. His mods were intake, slip-on, cat-delete, and BPM stage II tune. The dyno was a heart breaker Mustang Dyno, so keep that in mind. Anyway, he dyno’ed 353hp and 265tq. I brought mine onto the same dyno a few days later, with similar weather conditions and dyno’ed 365hp and 292tq. Granit I had a pulley and Arka stuff, but he had a tune. That’s 12whp & 27tq more! Crazy. In the past 500miles on the BPM tune, I have yet to dyno again. However, the seat of the pants tells me it’s another 15 hp & tq more than when I did dyno. I can honestly say that this car is hovering around a true 400whp on a dyno-jet. This thing moves. I would not want anymore power as it is already a handful to utilize the power in the turns. Maybe if you got euro mdm or stickier tires you can use more power, but not as it sits now.

Maintenance

I have not put enough miles on the car to require any free factory maintenance. Yesterday however, I dropped $1400 to get new tires mounted, balanced and the car aligned. I went with factory spec Michelin Pilot Super Sport. The tires literally have less than 100 miles on them. With the coilovers finally seated and dialed in, I went and had the car aligned. The alignment was not very far off from factory spec, so they asked me if I still wanted to proceed. I told them yes and they went and did it. I have the before and after spec sheet for anyone interested in seeing it. I set the coilovers to what I felt was a great balance of ground clearance and look. That turned out to be about a 1 finger gap between fender and tire. Not slammed, not 4x4. I will probably have the oil change done by BMW here soon. It has run half of the required mileage for an oil change, but why not. It’s free, once a year or every 10-15k miles, whichever comes first. The car has only had factory Castrol 10w60 in it, and has always been maintained/serviced at BMW. The car has always been brought to temp, before putting the pedal to the metal, which is one of the main reasons I have put so few miles on it. Being that work is 3miles away from home, it would not get to temp before I got there. So to me there is no sense in taking the M3 to work, only to putter along like a grandma when I have other vehicles to choose from.

Track Racing

This car has never seen the track by the previous owner or myself. I have most certainly taken the car for spirited drives in the mountains and places like the tail of the dragon. Pushing the car, but nowhere near the level of wear and tear of track racing.

Sale Details

I’m looking to get a car that is a bit more exotic. That’s really the only reason. The reason for the quick sale, is due to my birthday being July 25th and I will have to get emissions before then. Since time is money, I don’t want to swap the X-pipe out and change the ecu calibration only to return it back to how it was the following day. So instead, I’d rather give someone the opportunity to get it for cheap to take advantage of my laziness. Option two for me will be alot more profitable. Option two would be for me to return it back to stock, and trade in the car to the dealer. The dealer quoted me 43k as trade-in, in stock configuration. However, the thing with GA is the recently imposed one time ad-valorem tax. When I bought this car last year, the GOV assessed value was 57k which meant I had to pay around 4k to register it. If you trade in the car to a dealer, the ad-valorem tax of the dealer trade-in goes towards the ad-valorem of the new car. So its about 3.5k that would be taken off the new car, so essentially it would be the same as selling it for my asking price. However, that is a stock car, so I would have 6k+ in pocket from selling the performance parts. People tell me to stop being lazy and get the most out of the car. They are underestimating my lazyness though. Long story short, the sale is two weeks for 45.6K Firm. When the two weeks run out, I will be forced to not be lazy and re-install the oem X-pipe, which at that point I would return the car to stock and trade it in for more money. Please do not pm me with “dibs” on parts. If it comes to that, I will list the parts at market value, and allow everyone the chance to purchase them.

Factory options/build by VIN:

Vehicle information

VIN long WBSKG9C51CE798881

Type code KG9C

Type M3 (USA)

Dev. series E92 (M3)

Line 3

Body type COUPE

Steering LL

Door count 2

Engine S65

Cubical capacity 4.00

Power 309

Transmision HECK

Gearbox MECH

Colour ALPINWEISS 3 (300)

Upholstery LEDER NOVILLO/H3 BAMBUSBEIGE (NCH3)

Prod. date 2012-05-05

Order options
No. Description
1CA SELECTION COP RELEVANT VEHICLES

1CC AUTOMATIC START/STOP FUNCTION

2MD M DRIVE

2MT M ALLOY WHEELS DOUBLE SPOKE 220 W MB

2VB TYRE PRESSURE INDICATOR

302 ALARM SYSTEM

4AE ARMREST FRONT RETRACTABLE

423 FLOOR MATS, VELOUR

428 WARNING TRIANGLE

441 SMOKERS PACKAGE

490 SEAT BACK WIDTH ADJUSTMENT

521 RAIN SENSOR

563 LIGHTS PACKAGE

6AA BMW TELESERVICES

6AB CONTROL TELESERVICES

6FL USB-/AUDIO INTERFACE

6VC CONTROL COMBOX

639 COMPLETE PREP. CELLULAR PHONE USA/CDN

676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM

693 SATELLITE TUNER PREPARATION

697 AREA-CODE 1

760 INDIVIDUAL HIGH-GLOSS SATIN CHROME

8SC COUNTRY SPEC. RELEASE OF TELESERVICE

8SP COP CONTROL

8TN DAYTIME DRIVING LIGHTS SELECTABLE B

925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE

Series options
No. Description
431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-D

5DS LUGGAGE-COMPARTMENT EMERG. RELEASE

522 XENON LIGHT

524 ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS

534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING

540 CRUISE CONTROL

645 RADIO CONTROL US

663 RADIO BMW PROFESSIONAL

771 INTERIOR TRIM TITANIUM SHADOW

775 INDIVIDUAL ROOF-LINING ANTHRACITE

845 ACOUSTIC BELT WARNING

853 LANGUAGE VERSION ENGLISH

876 RADIO FREQUENCY 315 MHZ

PM me with any questions

$45,600 Firm (Valid upto 7/19/15)

VIN: WBSKG9C51CE798881

Last edited by TheSnail; 07-16-2015 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 07:12 PM   #2
AMGSlayer
Private
Rep
Drives: Quick

That has to be the best for sale thread I have ever seen on any forum. Good luck. Hopefully someone can realize what an awesome deal this is.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
Car22
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 ZCP DCT AW

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 e92  [10.00]
Helluva deal!
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2015, 07:35 AM   #4
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks fellas. It is a great deal and I'm literally taking nearly a 20k hit for 10 months of ownership.

To sweeten the deal even further, for the next 10days or so, I will knock off an additional $1000! From the 46.6 to 45.6!!!!

I washed it yesterday and snapped some new pics. This is it's updated look after removing the front Euro tag.

Snapped a pic of the GT4 as I thought it looked pretty cool that the titanium has changed colors to barney purple

07-09-2015, 07:53 AM   #5
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep

Oh and by the way, that is not a scratch on the GT4. Its a smear of ceramic paste for the coupling joints.
      07-09-2015, 08:06 AM   #6
Merlin_83
Merlin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 6MT w/ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Smile

Dude - your car is amazing ! This is approaching unicorn status, really great deal all the way around. btw - is that a four car garage you have ? Nice house and property too - GLWS !

2012 E92 M3 ZCP | 2008 E90 335xi | 2008 E90 335i |
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #7
2010MSPORT335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Wow, im not in the market. But this almost makes me. GLWS
      07-10-2015, 12:38 PM   #8
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Stunning car.. But you know what you really want is a Harrop on her

Love the interior color and the manual seats, and of course it's tastefully modded!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 2
      07-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #9
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post

Love the interior color and the manual seats, and of course it's tastefully modded!
Thanks Mike. I'll hold onto my word on keeping it listed for how long I said I would list it (8-9days left?). But if no-one snags it, there is a very good chance that I will keep the car. And if I keep it, the very next mod WILL be that Harrop Blower.
      07-11-2015, 12:50 AM   #10
DSpencer18
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dinan BMW M3 (E93)

If your car is still for sale. PM me, would like to ask a few questions. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 03:22 AM   #11
E90325M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
does not like the interior/seat colors. and also this car stock config should be very low.
but very nice mods (performance and power enhanced).
      07-11-2015, 10:05 AM   #12
Merlin_83
Merlin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 6MT w/ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post

THIS !!!!

2012 E92 M3 ZCP | 2008 E90 335xi | 2008 E90 335i |
Appreciate 1