Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-05-2015, 03:52 PM   #1
wcw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 ZCP full Cohiba

ED questions for ED vets; also, NE one else ED 23 Sept?

I'm taking delivery at the Welt 23 Sept. I'm also leaving it there overnight as the hotel I'm staying at doesn't have any parking. Word to the wise if anyone else going around Oktoberfest... Wish my CA had mentioned that to me earlier :/

For you ED vets, I understand I should grab a screwdriver (Philips, flat head?) to remove the triangle bracket. Also, I'm just planning to take carry on luggage, are there any issues with taking the FAK and triangle in my carryon? Iotw, issues with TSA/security?

Is taxi system in Munich pretty accessible? Do you suggest taking X amount of Euros? tipping?

Last question...any of ya Texas ED customers have an approximate timeframe it took to get your car? I hear 6-8 weeks, but I see that's for east coast.

Thank you! Any other suggestions/advice feel free to add. I have read some of the others ED threads and they're super helpful.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcw View Post
I'm taking delivery at the Welt 23 Sept. I'm also leaving it there overnight as the hotel I'm staying at doesn't have any parking. Word to the wise if anyone else going around Oktoberfest... Wish my CA had mentioned that to me earlier :/

For you ED vets, I understand I should grab a screwdriver (Philips, flat head?) to remove the triangle bracket. Also, I'm just planning to take carry on luggage, are there any issues with taking the FAK and triangle in my carryon? Iotw, issues with TSA/security?

We had no issues with TSA/security

Is taxi system in Munich pretty accessible? Do you suggest taking X amount of Euros? tipping?

Always wise and very handy to have Euros on you - having said that we had no issues with our cards, anywhere

Last question...any of ya Texas ED customers have an approximate timeframe it took to get your car? I hear 6-8 weeks, but I see that's for east coast.

8 weeks exactly if I recall to San Antonio where i bought mine

Thank you! Any other suggestions/advice feel free to add. I have read some of the others ED threads and they're super helpful.
      09-06-2015, 03:19 AM   #3
lawrenc967
Lurker Extraordinaire
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Before pickup, when I needed to get around Munich, I just used uber. Just as handy as in the states.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 08:53 AM   #4
MrSmileyDC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Garage List
2016 BMW F82  [0.00]
I used the Philips head that is included in the vehicle tool kit to remove the mount.

ED 8/18 - PCD 10/19 | 2016 F82 M4 6MT | Alpine White | CF Roof | CF Trim | Black Extended Leather | Executive Package | Lighting Package | Adaptive M Suspension | 19" 437M Black Wheels
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 01:15 PM   #5
wcw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 ZCP full Cohiba

Man, you 3 guys' responses are invaluable. Seriously. I'm a 'boy scout' and trying to plan everything before leaving the 21st and ya'll's replies are GOLDEN. If you're ever in San Antonio shoot me a PM. Will gladly buy you a drink/food!

I'd only heard about Uber and now have it on my phone. Great tip. Do the drivers expect to be tipped? I love the cashless aspect, but I'm sure they expect to be tipped don't they?

Bimmer, I know that's a small piece of info, but I WAS wondering where I'd get a tool to remove the bracket. THANK YOU.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #6
Miamiboyca
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW - F80

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
So couple of things -

You dont need a screwdriver, just pinch the holders and it comes right out. Think about it, the triangles are to used in the case of an emergency. In the case of an emergency you may not have a screw driver.

Yes, you can take them on the plane and no TSA will not have an issue. The one thing you can not take is the scissors in the first aid kit. That you have to leave behind, the rest of the kit, the triangle and the vests are all good.

ENJOY!

2015 M3 - MW, Sonoma, Exec, LED, Adaptive, HK, 19" Light, 6M ED 7/7/2015 - Redelivery-8/18/15
2013 535i - SG, Sonoma, M-SPort, Prem, Tech, CW, Lux Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012/PCD -12/14/12

Last edited by Miamiboyca; 09-08-2015 at 09:33 AM..
Appreciate 0