R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

10-14-2015, 03:48 PM   #1
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep
Drives: AY M4

M4 VS Z51 Stingray

Hello everyone,

I was driving my gfs dads corvette the other day. We were on the highway and of course i was having some fun with it. We got to downtown Miami were Braman BMW is so i decided to stop in for a test drive of the new M4. After driving the M4 and getting back into the vette to go home, i cannot express enough how big of a a difference these two cars are. The first thing that captured attention is the handling in the M4, the car felt so much more nimble, sporty, safe and tighter to the road. Theres been alot of talk about the M4 exhaust not being loud but damn that thing sounds 10x better than a vette (i was not fooled by the exhaust volume in the car). Over all great experience i fell in love with the car right there.

Defiantly will be getting into one of these when i see the right time.
      10-14-2015, 05:08 PM   #2
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Having OWNED a Z51 and the M4, I could not disagree with you more

The sport exhaust on the C7 was deeper and smoother... V8 sounding. The M4 is loud but doesn't sound as smooth or refined.

In terms stability and handling, I think your C7 was broken because mine was more nimble, tighter, less body roll and more grip than my M4.

Both cars are fantastic and, in most ways, I prefer my M4... however, there is zero doubt in my head that my former C7 Z51 was the better handling and better overall performing car... tests prove this out as well. Don't get me wrong, the M4 is very close and very capable but the C7 was CLEARLY a more focused sports car in feel and experience IMO.

Tell your girlfriend's dad to get his car checked cause it is broken.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 3
      10-14-2015, 07:15 PM   #3
MPerformance211
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 981 Boxster S; 3 pedals

Drove a C5, owned a few C6 Vettes (including Z06) and I have driven a C7...........they all feel big and not tossable to me. Don't have any interest in owning one again.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 10:32 PM   #4
M3guy3
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post

The sport exhaust on the C7 was deeper and smoother... V8 sounding. The M4 is loud but doesn't sound as smooth or refined.

In terms stability and handling, I think your C7 was broken because mine was more nimble, tighter, less body roll and more grip than my M4.

Both cars are fantastic and, in most ways, I prefer my M4... however, there is zero doubt in my head that my former C7 Z51 was the better handling and better overall performing car... tests prove this out as well. Don't get me wrong, the M4 is very close and very capable but the C7 was CLEARLY a more focused sports car in feel and experience IMO.

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #5
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post

Its not possible for the C7 to be broken. He bought it new and it has 5000 miles and he drives it like a grandpa. I just feel safer driving an m4 i guess is what im trying to say. I feel like the car is more stable.