Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-04-2015, 11:07 AM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Critique my Italy itinerary please

Here is my rough outline. Please let me know if I should use a different city as a home base or if I should add/subtract days. I'm trying to keep cost at a minimum. All stays will be through AirBNB averaging $40-45 a night.

I could always leave the US a day or two later so there is no gap in Milan.

Only constraint is that I must fly to Iceland from Amsterdam on Nov 27th.

Nov 10th-14th- Land in Rome in the morning of 10th and take train to Florence morning of the 14th

Nov 14th-19th- Florence with day trips to Pisa, Chianti, Fesiole, etc.

Nov 19th-21st- Venice (train from Florence over to Venice)

Nov 21st- train from Venice to Milan

Not sure about between now and the 23rd...

Nov 23rd-27th- fly from Milan to Amsterdam ($40) on 23rd and spending 4 nights there

Nov 27th- Dec 2nd- fly to Iceland on 27th and spend 5 days there

Dec 2nd - Dec 4th- fly to London from Iceland early morning; spend 2 nights in London and then fly home on the 4th
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 11:17 AM   #2
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

I'm confused, is this in connection with a European Delivery or are you just asking us to review your vacation plans?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
I'm confused, is this in connection with a European Delivery or are you just asking us to review your vacation plans?
Vacay plan.

I figured it's as good of a place as any since folks on here do a lot of EDs.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm
Vacay plan.

I figured it's as good of a place as any since folks on here do a lot of EDs.
In that case, this vacay sucks balls!

It's way short on pub crawls in Dublin and Prague.
What are you thinking !>!?!

Unless you are planning something kinky in Vatican?

P.S.: I wonder why my guidance councilor told me to reconsider travel agency career?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #5
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

I think you really only need like 3 days in iceland, tops.. pretty much saw most of what we wanted to see in those 3 days we spent there.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #6
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
I think you really only need like 3 days in iceland, tops.. pretty much saw most of what we wanted to see in those 3 days we spent there.
I'm meeting up with some people. They are staying there for 5 days. We'll be hunting for the Aurora Borealis (hopefully we find it on first try).
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #7
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
In that case, this vacay sucks balls!

It's way short on pub crawls in Dublin and Prague.
What are you thinking !>!?!

Unless you are planning something kinky in Vatican?

P.S.: I wonder why my guidance councilor told me to reconsider travel agency career?
Bah, I'm not really into that whole drinking too much thing. I did go to Oktoberfest last year though and had a blast.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #8
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I'm meeting up with some people. They are staying there for 5 days. We'll be hunting for the Aurora Borealis (hopefully we find it on first try).
Fantastic. Make SURE to visit the Blue Lagoon, especially since its winter. It was fantastic.

Regarding the Aurora, we eventually found it on the third night. The problem we had (and you might come across) is that this time of year is very cloudy and rainy there typically, but out of 5 nights, I am sure there will be one clear night. Just make sure to check the forecast because it may end up that your first night is the only clear night!

PS- it was amazing.. Not only the typical ribbon-like appearance you see, but at one point (not sure how to explain this) one of the ribbons moved right over us and **BAM** it was like a startrek episode of warp space: particles and light were emanating in all directions from a single point in the sky.. It was incredible and only lasted maybe 10-15 secs while the ribbon was on top of us.. we just stood there mouths agape
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #9
brian30tw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 delivered in Munich

Biggest issue I see with the itinerary is a distinct lack of picking up a new M in Munich!!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #10
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Fantastic. Make SURE to visit the Blue Lagoon, especially since its winter. It was fantastic.

Regarding the Aurora, we eventually found it on the third night. The problem we had (and you might come across) is that this time of year is very cloudy and rainy there typically, but out of 5 nights, I am sure there will be one clear night. Just make sure to check the forecast because it may end up that your first night is the only clear night!

PS- it was amazing.. Not only the typical ribbon-like appearance you see, but at one point (not sure how to explain this) one of the ribbons moved right over us and **BAM** it was like a startrek episode of warp space: particles and light were emanating in all directions from a single point in the sky.. It was incredible and only lasted maybe 10-15 secs while the ribbon was on top of us.. we just stood there mouths agape
That's pretty awesome! I am hoping that the iPhone 6S and the Canon S95 that I'm bringing will be enough to capture some of that magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian30tw View Post
Biggest issue I see with the itinerary is a distinct lack of picking up a new M in Munich!!
Maybe next Spring or the Spring after. I just picked up an "M" 235i May of 2014.
Appreciate 0