European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-28-2015, 10:25 PM   #1
Rik84
Full Potato
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Adjust Profile Settings

Ok color me a moron.

I was fiddling around today and can't figure out for the life of me how to adjust the settings in different user profiles.

I was able to rename my profile. But the "profile settings" option is greyed out in the options tab on the screen. I have tried with the car moving, stopped but running, stopped in neutral and parking break on and auxiliary power only.

Anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

Also - this is my first BMW and I'm confused as to why there is a hot/cold adjustment for the top heater vents when everything auto climate control. So I set the auto to whatever I want and then if I want a quick blast of hot or cold I adjust the dial? Or am I missing something?

I should really put the novel of a manual by my shitter so I can read up on some of this I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 10:36 PM   #2
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
The easy question first: the dial between the two vents is used to fine tune the temperature of the air coming out of the dash vents. The Automatic climate control will always strive to achieve the temperature set on the main HVAC system through the multiple air outlets throughout the car, but you can chose to have warmer or colder air blowing out of the dash vents with the dial. I actually love this feature.

I am not sure I understand your question regarding the profiles. You essentially have 3 profiles you can configure. To configure a profile, you simply have to chose the given profile through the iDrive menu and once you have activated the profile you simply change the various settings directly in the car. It remembers pretty much everything from seat position, the 2 seat position memories, radio stations, M-Drive settings, dash display, HVAC, sound system, 8 programmable buttons, etc... I have one profile set for my "Street" setup, one for my "Wife" and one for my "Track" setup.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 11:45 PM   #3
Rik84
Full Potato
Canada
Rep

I actually like the dash feature as well, was just surprised by it. A very manual setting in a very automated.

I have followed the same Arora you're nothing but the adjust profile option is greyed out, I can't actually click it to change anything - like the preset buttons which is really the main thing right now. Or, I am just totally going about changing the preset buttons.

Perhaps I should ask that - what's the procedure for adjusting the preset buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
The easy question first: the dial between the two vents is used to fine tune the temperature of the air coming out of the dash vents. The Automatic climate control will always strive to achieve the temperature set on the main HVAC system through the multiple air outlets throughout the car, but you can chose to have warmer or colder air blowing out of the dash vents with the dial. I actually love this feature.

I am not sure I understand your question regarding the profiles. You essentially have 3 profiles you can configure. To configure a profile, you simply have to chose the given profile through the iDrive menu and once you have activated the profile you simply change the various settings directly in the car. It remembers pretty much everything from seat position, the 2 seat position memories, radio stations, M-Drive settings, dash display, HVAC, sound system, 8 programmable buttons, etc... I have one profile set for my "Street" setup, one for my "Wife" and one for my "Track" setup.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 07:14 AM   #4
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik84 View Post
I actually like the dash feature as well, was just surprised by it. A very manual setting in a very automated.

I have followed the same Arora you're nothing but the adjust profile option is greyed out, I can't actually click it to change anything - like the preset buttons which is really the main thing right now. Or, I am just totally going about changing the preset buttons.

Perhaps I should ask that - what's the procedure for adjusting the preset buttons.
Sorry bud, but I need to throw this one at you . It's all there...

To configure a preset button, you first need to navigate in iDrive, highlight the function you want to preset using the iDrive controller and then simply press and hold the preset button until you hear a beep.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:50 AM   #5
Rik84
Full Potato
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Sorry bud, but I need to throw this one at you . It's all there...

To configure a preset button, you first need to navigate in iDrive, highlight the function you want to preset using the iDrive controller and then simply press and hold the preset button until you hear a beep.
No sorry needed - surprised it took a few posts before the flaming started tbh.

Appreciate the help, thanks!
Appreciate 0